The Data Analyst, Product partners closely with the Data Governance, Offering Management, Engineering, and Implementation teams to build tools and methods for Global Product Hierarchy (GPH) assignment and governance controls.
As?a?Data Analyst, Product,?you'll help build?the?product vision, strategy, and roadmap?alongside our data governance and product organization. You will work with other analytics teams to define requirements for delivering key capabilities that provide visibility into product GPH assignment performance and the end-to-end.?You'll be expected to continuously improve, elevate and evolve our business practices around GPH and its downstream impacts.
- Data Governance:
- Support product data governance processes and identify opportunities for iterative process improvement
- Provide training and guidance to the Master Data Specialists on execution of product GPH assignment to support the end-to-end lifecycle.
- Research issues and provide KPIs/ Operational metrics to measure, improve, and reconcile product GPH data across systems and reporting
- Cross Functional Relationships and Process:
- Engage and maintain relationships with key business teams and technical stakeholders to investigate data gaps, identify interdependencies/downstream impacts, define solutions and report on data quality improvement projects
- Data Quality and Integrity:
- Drive data accuracy and ensure consistency across product GPH
- Provide data expertise and guideline knowledge on downstream impacts of inaccurate data to influence accountability, to support initiatives and SOX compliance requirements
- Provide product item GPH data conflict resolution/reconciliation between product business owners and affected impact users to troubleshoot data requirements for systems and communicate/coordinate with product business owners and affected impact users
- Research and Reporting:
- Liaison between business/functional areas and MDM-IT/Data Governance to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated, understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop and implement data quality standards and remediation adoption requirements across the team
- Analyze data, and partner with affected impact users to identify process and system improvement opportunities
- Provide progress reports on product master data programs and projects
- Provide reporting and troubleshooting as required
- Clearly articulate scope, timeline, owners, risks, and steps being taken to mitigate identified risks and issues
- Ensure the right information is delivered to the right audience at the right time
- Work with the MDM-IT/Data Governance teams to evaluate projects needs, develop plans, execute, and measure success through established KPI's/Operational metrics
- Bachelors Degree in Analytics, Operations Research, Statistics, Engineering or related technical field.
- 3-5 years of business experience utilizing best-in-class business intelligence, product data governance/master data, and analytics methods.
- Experience working with Alteryx, R/Python, Power BI and Hadoop
- Advanced analytics skills. Proficiency and application experience in statistical modeling, data mining, machine learning, forecasting, simulation, and optimization.
- Exposure to and proficiency in a broad range of analytics methods and how to deploy them in real-world applications.
- Attention to detail in execution. Gets into the weeds to fully understand the problem and can quickly identify errors and road blocks to achieving success.
- Agile organization, planning, and execution. Proven track record of agile approaches, organizing processes, creating plans, and executing at the highest levels.
- Communication and relationship building skills. Excels in simply communicating complex topics to senior leaders and builds strong relationships easily.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to *****.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.