The Client Value team helps the firm improve overall profit margins and increase client value through delivery of information, tools, project management, process improvement and other methods. Its goal is to increase value to the Firm's clients by providing lawyers with simple access to information, experience, and data, enabling lawyers to work more efficiently, and ensuring quality and consistency of work product. The Knowledge & Research Data Specialist uses their background and expertise to assist with these goals.
We are seeking an individual who will be involved in the data, technology, systems and knowledge of the firm within the Global Knowledge and Research team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Knowledge Management and working in close collaboration with the entire Client Value team, this role will focus primarily on the data captured, stored and retrieved by the firm.
The position is primarily responsible for working with data and process in the firm's knowledge systems. There will also be an emphasis on data flows along with an understanding of relationships between systems.
Education & Experience
- Support knowledge products, largely through data entry, export and manipulation.
- Work with lawyers and other key stakeholders to understand their data requirements via discussion and email.
- Work with Client Value and GTS teams to develop knowledge solutions when needed, internally and externally.
- Participate in wider Client Value team projects.
- Facilitate the identification, extraction, cleaning and flow of data across the firm.
- Maintain the integrity of firmwide data through promoted best practice and cleansing activities in collaboration with other groups.
- Provide global support for all relevant products such as the document management system, experience management system and collaboration platforms.
- Data processing for recurring tasks which produces consistent outputs, i.e. the current closing set process.
- Participate in projects to link data in different formats and with different fields.
- Provide insightful feedback regarding system and workflow improvements and developments.
- Support onboarding efforts of new attorneys and staff and/or transfers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Entry level position. Interest in process, data and systems within a professional services organization.
- Data management experience within the legal or professional services environment.
- Ability to communicate issues and processes with clarity.
- Prioritize workload.
- Flexible attitude towards working practices and ability to adapt style as required.
- Experience of knowledge or technology projects.
- Experience of working with people of varying levels of seniority and technical expertise.
- Ability to build strong relationships with a multiple global stakeholders quickly.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive attitude to problem solving and a logical thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; resilient and calm under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with can-do approach.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong sense of collective responsibility.
- Dedicated to continuous learning and skill-building, seeking out opportunities to develop your own new skills and to mentor team members in their professional growth.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-time zone environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours as needed.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.