Program Manager, Event Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for the Program Manager, Event Services position for Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The Program Manager is responsible for the coordination, operation, and evaluation of the Event Services Office and the event planning process for the Illini Union Facilities. This position supervises Event Services staff and serves as the team leader for the administration of software utilized by the Event Services Department in the Illini Union. The position acts on behalf of the organization to facilitate the event planning process for events in the Illini Union.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managerial oversight of reservation data input. Acts as a liaison between the client and Illini Union services. Assesses the goals of events and determines the appropriate resources required based on departmental and client needs.
- Manages Events Services Office operations and staff. This includes hiring, training, coaching, and supervising to ensure high quality of services to the internal/external clients of the Illini Union.
- Develops and implements event management policies and procedures in order to ensure quality service and provide efficient and effective distribution of information to staff and clients.
- Serves as team lead to develop and implement software resources (including but not limited to: Event Management Systems (EMS) and Social Tables) to support the mission of the Event Services Office.
- Department lead in development of strategic marketing campaigns and promotional materials while providing oversight of pricing structures to maximize facility usage.
- Reviews and produces cost and revenue estimates (internal and external) for the Event Services Office. Prepares budgetary recommendations, and monitors invoices by closely interacting with Accounting Office. Is responsible for fiduciary management of unit to include the generation of billable communications.
- As the lead Event Services liaison for the Illini Union, this position is responsible for the pairing of appropriate facility resources with internal and external campus entities. Works closely with Marketing, Hotel, Catering, Building Supervisors, Facilities, and Maintenance departments.
- Oversees the preparation of event schedules and provides detailed descriptions of the physical room set-ups for the Building Service team. Coordinates client service needs with the Multimedia Department, Catering, Building Engineers, and other units in the Illini Union.
- The Program Manager is responsible ensuring adherence to building and reservation policies and procedures in alignment with University policy and procedures and the Illini Union Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Performs duties as assigned to further the mission of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, Student Affairs, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years of professional work experience in Events Planning, Conference Management or any other related field
- Demonstrated supervisor and employment development experience in a department or unit environment
- Experience managing the workflow of the team and/or department by assigning tasks, supporting staff, monitoring results and employee development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
- Knowledge of general accounting.
- Knowledge of principles of event organization and conference planning.
- Communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with ability to oversee the functioning of computer software and databases.
- Ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, students and others.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of a variety of deadlines and obligations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
This is a full-time Civil Service Events Administrator Associate appointed on a -month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after January 21, 2022. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by January 21, 2022
. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume
(months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials
(unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Illini Union Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services at ***** or at *****. For questions about the application process, please contact *****.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Program Manager of Event Services - Illini Union (155718)