At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
How you will make contributions that matter...
- Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the distribution department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company's policies, OSHA and regulatory requirements.
- Forecasts and communicates the load out schedules with in-house distribution teams and outside logistics contractors to ensure the timely and accurate load out and receiving of all products.
- Is responsible for P&L, expense management and control, including cooler dump, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement methods.
- Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to ensure proper rotation and traceability of all items.
- Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time. These include shipments, donations, product loss and damage.
- Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas.
- Monitors and strives to achieve the successful attainment of the Sales to Service Metrics targets.
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Actively support internal and external audits.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, training, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Provides employee leadership directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, and performance management.
- Trains, instructs, engages and mentors employees in regard to work performed in shipping and warehouse. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics and actively apply the Saputo Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You are best suited for the role if you...
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in Distribution or Supply Chain capacity.
- Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations, with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Health and Safety, and Workers Compensation compliance and experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, computer-based applications, WMS systems experience, SAP highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to successfully lead others through change.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with...
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at ***** or email *****. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).