Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Are you ready to make an impact?
Are you passionate about innovation, solution-based and meaningful outcomes and a variety of projects?
Are you interested in establishing your career in a world-class professional services company?
Our Advisory business is growing! We have an immediate Commercial Senior Advisor
opportunity available on our North America Commercial team. This position can be based in most GHD office locations in the US. Preferred locations are: Chicago, Grand Rapids, Houston, Atlanta, Buffalo, Tampa and Irvine.
As a Senior Advisor, you will participate in the planning, design, permitting and construction of a variety of Civil and Environmental projects for municipal and private clients, as well as site and compliance assessments as part of property and business transactions. This is a great opportunity to expand your skill set and career by working on multi-disciplinary projects! This position is well suited for an individual that has the ability and interest to travel from time to time and is attracted to a variety of projects and project responsibilities.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Supporting senior team leaders and project teams by working both in the office and in the field on projects associated primarily with environmental remediation, environmental due diligence and investigation, field project oversight, and potentially conceptual design projects involving environmental, civil and/or construction disciplines.
- Assisting our project teams with production of project health and safety documents, environmental reports, client proposals, vendor safety approvals, purchase orders, budget estimates, and invoicing.
- Assisting project managers in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Data collection and documentation for environmental site assessments and/or compliance audits.
- Coordinating field sampling programs
- Development of supporting project information (i.e., calculations, analyses, evaluations, cost estimates, report text, figures, drawings, etc.)
- Performing construction phase engineering tasks (i.e., submittal review, test data evaluation and compilation, etc.)
- Development of cost estimates in support of environmental liability evaluations
- Writing technical reports
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field (geology, earth science)
- 10+ years of experience
- A strong general knowledge and experience working with US environmental regulations.
- Experience with site investigation and remediation.
- Experience with building demolition assessments would be an asset but is not mandatory.
- An understanding of tasks and responsibilities associated with mergers, acquisitions, and related business transactions is a plus.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10 to 20 percent of the time.
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER is a plus but not mandatory.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.