Oil, Gas & Chemicals Cloud Senior Manager
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients' Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients' highest aspirations for business agility, velocity and efficiency is next-gen Cloud solutions. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions
We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving
Our Cloud Strategy practice is focused on developing and executing multi-dimensional cloud strategies that consider the platform, architecture, security, organizational and financial aspects of adopting cloud technologies.
Work you'll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
* 10+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build trusted relationships with senior business and technology leaders (up to and including CxO)
* 4+ years Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry experience
* 4+ years of experience managing multiple and/or large engagements with more than 10 resources and comfort presenting to senior leadership and executives at Fortune 500 organizations
* 4+ years of experience in Cloud solutions (IaaS/PaaS/Big Data and Analytics) Strategy and Implementation for mid or large size organizations (this includes private/public Clouds - on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMWare)
* Travel up to 100% (While 100% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
* Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
* Proven ability to successfully lead complex, multi-thread cloud transformation sales cycles - across solution, commercial and risk management dimensions
* Relevant and experience of initiating and running multi-year cloud transformation programs and initiatives for mid to large scale organizations - inclusive of people, process and technology change
* Experience in defining business strategies (enabled by big data and analytics in cloud) to gain more meaningful and actionable business insight
* Relevant experience in building methods and tools to review clients' technology landscapes to identify a range of business-valued cloud uses cases and selecting the preferred public cloud platform for each use case
* Ability and experience leading mid and large scale organization in all of the following areas: quantifying the business value of cloud, evaluating the organizational impact of cloud adoption, defining cloud architectural principles and articulating key security considerations for public cloud moves
* Experience in leading migration of significant volumes of application and/or data workloads to public cloud
* Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
* Experience in defining business solutions (enabled by cloud) in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Entertainment, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Retail, Technology or Transportation.
* Ability to work with a multi-location team
* Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms
* Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
* Practical experience with modern cloud-based operations including experience leading teams of Site Reliability Engineers
* Experience in designing for resiliency in the cloud, including, an understanding of key application resiliency patterns
* Experience in reviewing and optimizing cloud-based usage and spending post initial cloud deployments
* A background in software development and experience in configuration management (e.g., Chef, Puppet)
* Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud
* Experience with cloud relevant application architectures such as microservices or building cloud native applications
* Proven ability to generate revenue through new or existing clients/accounts
* MBA preferred
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 40186
Job ID: 2046348708590020012