The IBM Security Outreach Program takes a holistic approach to global outreach specific to the awareness and development of cyber security skills, career and talent capabilities across academia, industry, and geography, working with IBM, non-profit community partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), underpinned by a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This global role will be responsible to develop, manage and improve upon the cyber security outreach program’s worldwide campaigns, initiatives, and projects.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role the program leader will work with and manage a team of outreach Program Managers in working with multiple internal units and external organizations including non-profits, educational institutions, and other organizations, to perform outreach responsibilities on behalf of IBM and the global security business unit. This role is accountable for achieving the worldwide program’s objectives, metrics/KPIs and outcomes.
The role work closely with security senior management and geographic leadership to strategize to increase cyber security awareness, skills building and talent development worldwide. The role includes building and maintaining relationships with non-profit, educational, and related organization leaders to coordinate security outreach communications, events, and projects. The role is also responsible for maintaining budgets, websites, documentation, reporting and outreach communications materials.The responsibilities for this position include: Management
- Develop and implement the worldwide strategic plan to accomplish the year-round, engagement goals focused on growth, outreach achievement and continued stakeholder and partner organization participation.
- Coordinate geographic management of the existing academic, community and geographic non-profit programs.
- Coordinate recruitment and management of the geographic IBM and non-IBM volunteers and associated teams.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the annual and quarterly strategic communications plans.
- Create and execute on the program’s communications materials related to websites, newsletters, blogs, email marketing, collateral, performance reports, surveys and social media.
- Coordinate plan, schedule and execute all existing program, cyber security outreach initiatives.
- Lead and secure internal and external program support, resources, and volunteers for major initiatives.
- Co-develop, Coordinate plan, schedule and execute on new cyber security outreach initiatives.
- Coordinate, integrate and assist other IBM business units with their outreach programs as required.
Communications & Promotion
- Complete various administrative and management tasks as needed, to support program operations and objectives.
- Track and report on program performance metrics and KPIs to provide executive and stakeholder visibility.
- Execute and deliver on the communication plan across multiple channels.
- Optimize program communication and promotion capabilities through digital, email, and social media.
- Develop and distribute program, initiatives and event, communications, and promotional materials.
- Perform related communications and promotion duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position 164,000 to 299,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
You are required to have the following experience:
- Strong capabilities and skills with corporate outreach across the academic, industry, and geographic community.
- Experience-based knowledge of principles and practices of outreach program management and development.
- Ability to design, develop and deploy, large and complex outreach campaigns and major initiatives.
- Excellence innovation and design thinking skills that can be applied to the strategies and program improvements.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of leading global outreach programs.
- Strong communicaton skills in giving in person and virtual presentations, writing and by phone.
- Solid decision-making capabilities and ability to present and communicate with senior executives.
- Superior organizational, event coordination/management, and program administration skills.
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible.
- Ability to represent the organization professionally, externally, and internally.
- Capability to prepare complex and detailed proposals and related materials.
- Deep experience at outreach proposal, business case development and budget / funding management.
- Create and design various materials for multi-media and digital collateral.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties.
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities, requirements, stakeholders, and communications needs.
- Solid Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Required Work Experience:
12 to 15 years of corporate community outreach engagement leadership experience.
9 to 12 years of corporate or non-profit, career skills building program experience.
9 to 12 years of academic / educational outreach program experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12 years of academic / educational outreach program experience.