Our government client is looking for an experienced Senior Production Support Engineer on a 12+ months renewable contract opportunity in Columbia, SC.
Role: Senior Production Support Engineer
The Senior Production Support Engineer will support the release activities, code migration, production incident management, building break-fixes, and supporting UAT team with their testing efforts. This position requires deep knowledge and experience with AWS tools, capabilities and resources, with an understanding of both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure resources.
In this role, you will work with developers, testers, product owners, release management, and other team members with varying levels of technical expertise. It is essential that you possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. You must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently and proactively with little to no supervision.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with developers, DevOps and database team to perform code configuration changes and deploy code in various environments.
• Support UAT team with their testing efforts, build bug fixes and attend development team scrum ceremonies to build understand of products being developed.
• Work with release management to document deployment steps and perform release activities.
• Monitor production and report incident per the service level agreement.
• Troubleshoot issues, conduct root cause analysis, recommend changes, collaborate with others to develop and test the break-fix.
• Perform daily maintenance tasks and identify opportunities to automate wherever possible.
• Maintain relationships with trading partners, execute scheduled transfer events per the SLA and on demand basis.
A qualified candidate to interview for this position is able to articulate issues and solutions in both technical and business language. Candidate should have extensive experience working with software development team, deployment tools, and supporting the technical infrastructure for production operations. A thorough knowledge of AWS tools, services, and the ability to work in an Agile team environment is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANKED IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 2 years of experience with core AWS services
• 2 years of experience in production support
• 3 years of experience writing SQL and Python scripts
• 3 years of experience maintaining CI/CD pipeline
• 5 years of experience with software development life cycle
• Excellent understanding of design patterns, object construction and application architecture strategies
• Knowledge of network and security concepts
• Knowledge of work management software such as Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
• Motivated, self-starter, must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
• Ability to own tasks and deliver work with minimal supervision
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANKED IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 2 years of experience in system integration
• 2 years of experience with Performance tuning using python and java scripting.
• 2 years of experience working within Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
• 1 year of experience working with EDI and positional flat files
• 1 year of experience in Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs
• 1 year of experience in Medicaid Management Information Systems or other Health Information Technologies
• Ability to coordinate and manage demands of multiple vendors
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education
• AWS certification
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY
“Celebrating 30 years of service”