McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Ontada is an oncology technology and insights business dedicated to transforming the fight against cancer. Part of McKesson Corporation , Ontada was founded on the core belief that precise insights - delivered exactly at the point of need - can save more patients' lives. We connect the full patient journey by combining technologies used by The US Oncology Network and other community oncology providers with real-world data and research relied on by all top 15 global life sciences companies. Our work helps accelerate innovation and power the future of cancer care.
Who you are:
We're looking for a driven, enthusiastic product leader to be part of the team that's transforming the fight against cancer and improving the lives of more patients. Backed by the strength of a Fortune 7 company, Ontada is an oncology data science and technology business. We specialize in real-world data and evidence generation that accelerates life science research, clinical technologies that support community oncologists with precise care, and provider engagement channels that enable education and insights.
The successful candidate with have a proven track record of successful interoperability products and initiatives. You will have demonstrable success in defining an interoperability roadmap, defining requirements, and prioritizing features that support the voice of customer. You will have the ability to analyze tradeoffs of build / buy / partner decisions. You will have documented success in developing interoperability solutions in partnership with provider electronic health systems, payer systems, consumers, and other 3rd party data brokers. What you'll do:
You will be responsible for the definition and execution of the Ontada interoperability strategy in collaboration with the US Oncology Network and Ontada customers. You will be motivated and excited by the opportunity to innovate and deliver industry-leading interoperability solutions across the healthcare continuum and you'll be Ontada's evangelist for interoperability solutions with active participation in industry interest groups (DaVinci, CodeEx, HL7, Carequality, FAST).
You will work collaboratively across the community oncology and life science portfolio, representing the voice of the customer in the definition and delivery of the interoperability roadmap. You will work collaboratively across engineering, operations, support, marketing, sales and account management to ensure successful product delivery and value. You will manage junior product owners who have the responsibility for documenting functional and nonfunctional requirements to support the delivery of the roadmap.
You will effectively and convincingly communicate the strategy and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders. Primary Responsibilities
- Owns, defines, and executes the interoperability roadmap
- Collaborate and work across internal teams (Product, engineering, design, implementation and regulatory)
- Communicate roadmap to stakeholders
- Become an interoperability leader in Ontada
- Define business and functional requirements and priorities aligned with roadmap
- Proven experience in interoperability including working knowledge of CCDA, HL7, FHIR, mCODE standards and their application in data exchange and standardization
- Best practice knowledge of data standards that connect providers, patients, and health technologies
- Ability to listen to the needs of internal and external stakeholders and translate those needs into requirements and product roadmap
- Agile product management expertise across full product lifecycle
- Working knowledge of community oncology business imperatives, market imperatives and the competitive landscape
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding and listening to team members and fostering a productive team environment
- Resolving and negotiating conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy, and composure
- Handling multiple projects and priorities with organizational and time management skills
- 7 + years' experience in healthcare product management
- 7 + years' experience in health interoperability standards (SNOMED, ICD 10, HL7, FHIR, CCDA)
- Agile product management
- 4 + years' experience in EHR interoperability
- 4 + years' experience in implementation and interfaces standards, management and best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated outstanding communications and customer/ stakeholder management skills
- Excellent ability to build relationships, align and influence diverse stakeholders and achieve outcomes
Internal Use Only: M4 Must be authorized to work in the U.S, now or in the future, without assistance or support from McKesson. Relocation is NOT budgeted for this position. McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- 4-year degree in business, health, informatics or related field, or equivalent experience
- Masters' levels training in informatics, healthcare, computer science or related field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to ***** . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.Join us at McKesson!