Decontaminates, cleans, packages, sterilizes, stores, and distributes medical / surgical, equipment and supplies in accordance with CDC, OSHA, EPA, AAMI, Title 22, APIC, SGNA, JC guidelines as required.
- Responsible for filling orders from requesting departments.
- Make equipment rounds and return soiled equipment to SPD; clean equipment per manufacturer's recommendations and validate functionality prior to storage; validate PM status on equipment issued from and returned to SPD per department policy.
- Answer phones.
- Inventory and restock supplies, and specialty carts i.e., isolation, latex, crash carts, etc. per department policy.
- Order specialty beds and other patient equipment per medical center practice.
- Disassembles, cleans or decontaminates surgical instruments per manufacturer's recommendations including ultrasonic cleaning.
- Assembles, inspects, tests, wraps and dates all OR sets including specialty sets per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operate all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, plasma sterilizers, automated endoProduct preprocessors, biological incubators, heat sealers, instrument, and cart washers.
- Use of instrument and equipment tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
- Prepare OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the Product of training and service.
- BLS- AHA
- State License: California