An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and Mercy Health have recently came together to create one unified Regional Health Ministry serving our Michigan communities together.
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System and Mercy Health are a part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve. As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life. Our Core Values, Reverence, Commitment to the Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity guide our behaviors to help us achieve our Vision.
Assists Service Delivery Leader with coordination of, and leads the daily work assignments of department employees. Actively participates in problem solving, and communicates problems/difficulties on shift to SDL. Acts as a resource person and role model for employees on the shift as to technique, policies/procedures, rules/regulations, and customer service standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes daily work schedules for special assignments, assigning duties, issuing supplies and equipment, and inspecting completed work. Takes appropriate measure to work with staff to correct deficiencies noted during inspections.
- Performs all duties and functions of Environmental Aide, PCAI, Specialist, Waste Handler, and Supply Room Clerk when necessary.
- Responds as Department Lead Representative and contact person for customers and other Health Center personnel.
- Makes rounds throughout assigned area, and takes appropriate steps to insure staff compliance with performance expectations, SJMHS and departmental codes/conduct expectations. Maintains relevant feedback reports and documentation. Appropriate steps are defined as:
- Resolve issues
- Contact necessary persons
- Give feedback to SDL
- Ensure designated supply rooms are stocked on daily basis with mops, chemicals, and the like. Communicates supply room issues to the responsible SDL.
- Conduct staff feedback meetings/sessions to discuss the identification of problems and problem resolution proposals.
- Participate with SDL in providing guidance, leadership, and education support to team members to assist in their achievement of department goals.
- Completes Quality Assurance Inspections for customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
- Trains all new employees, and re-trains employees whose performance does not meet standards.
- Accountable for monitoring and following up on Bed Tracking.
- Performs duties in compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, off solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values of SJMHS.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
- Ability to identify and repair mechanical problems with Environmental Service machinery/equipment or make the determination if equipment should be taken to Supply Room Clerk for repair.
Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six to twelve months related and responsible work experience.
Why this position -- What can it do for you!
- Good verbal and written communication skills and effective conflict management skills. Ability to read and interpret memos, chemical labels, postings, and other forms of written communication. Ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of SJMH safety/emergency procedures. Must be able to conduct in-services with staff on these procedures.
- Located in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Michigan with easy access to US-23, M-14, and I-94.
- Full benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 22 different states!
- Free close proximity parking!
For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers.
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American's with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper's Act, or SJMHS's Return to Work Program.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.