The Service Desk Supervisor is a full-time position that will work closely with IT Technical Services Group(s), IT Business Technology Group(s) and End-Users. In this position you will provide technical guidance in activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of issues reported via telephone and electronic submission. Responsible for meeting service levels and improved outcomes for our user base as they escalate technical and process-related issues. PLEASE NOTE: This position DOES NOT INCLUDE remote work. All positions, at MSD, are considered essential positions and required to be onsite. Safety protocols, related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, are being strictly followed in accordance with the most current guidelines from authorities. All individual’s starting employment with MSD must submit proof of being fully vaccinated, prior to their first day of employment
Training and Experience
- Coordinates the resolution of critical production and IT service issues in accordance with established production service levels
- Works with IT project teams in the implementation of infrastructure related activities in support of technology programs/projects;
- Ensures that service desk personnel adhere to established ITIL based processes and procedures and drive to meet/exceed service level targets and objectives
- Provides leadership to personnel to ensure timely, efficient coordination and implementation of IT service requests;
- Monitors endpoint incident trends and escalates chronic issues that require base image upgrades or configuration changes. Works with IT Technical Services to implement, test and roll out changes. ;
- Coordinates case resolution and problem management with IT staff and other functional managers
- Assists with training IT staff on software applications and systems
- Contributes to the IT knowledge base to meet the needs of the organization
- Produces, maintains and analyzes metrics to ensure established Service Levels and Customer Satisfaction targets are met. Develops remediation plans for missed service targets related to the Service Desk.
- May assume the duties of the manager in his/her absence and perform related work as required or as delegated by manager.
- People Management and Staff Development
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of user support staff training, procedures and policies
- Oversee and assess user support staff activities and provide them with regular performance-related feedback and provide annual performance reviews.
- Monitor all forms of communication to ensure specialists are providing high-quality support consistently
- Train and develop staff on an ongoing basis in areas of user support, technical skills, and company policies
Bachelor Degree in Information Systems (or related field) from an accredited college or five years of progressively responsible experience in a customer/user support role in an IT service desk environment.
Considerable knowledge of ITIL best practices and principles along with advanced knowledge of electronic computer systems and related equipment. Capability to learn the District's IT infrastructure, daily operations and interdependencies.Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to understand the impact of planned/unplanned changes and how to adjust staffing levels based on peak service days and hours.
Understanding of troubleshooting techniques and how to resolve a variety of hardware, software and communication malfunctions;
Ability to engage in advanced or vendor-specific diagnostic techniques for complex problems in multi-vendor environment.
Knowledge and understanding of ITSM Platforms such as EasyVista, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy or similar products.
Considerable skill in planning and scheduling computer operations tasks; ability to provide guidance to team members in execution of daily operational duties, bring them together to solve technical issue and provide superior customer service;
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others while communicating effectively both in oral and written form.
Must possess a valid driver's license issued by the state in which the employee resides.
Pursuant to MSD's "Substance Abuse Policy and Procedures," this position has been designated as safety sensitive and candidate must pass a Non-D.O.T. Test for this position. employees occupying this position are not subject to Federal (D.O.T.) Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations.
Employees of MSD must have a meets expectations.