St. Mary Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Patient Access Representative to join our team!
Schedule: 40 hours weekly, Evening Shift
The PAR II performs all outpatient, emergency room and inpatient registration functions including up front cash collections and insurance verification. Ensures that patients meet financial requirements, provides general information to hospital users, patients and families. Communicates effectively to service delivery areas to maximize patient flow and customer service and provides excellent patient focused customer service.
- Initiates admission/registration by selecting the correct medical record number and entering patient demographic and insurance information into the clinical information system. Reviews information for accuracy.
- Registers and pre-registers outpatients or emergency department patients, inpatients, ambulatory patients, accurately and in accordance with hospital, payer, and governmental rules.
- Greets patients upon their arrival, distributes patient information, when required, and directs patients to their appropriate testing area.
- Obtains appropriate consents for treatment, including insurance referrals, forms and copies of insurance cards.
- Explains hospital billing policies as outlined by the Patient Accounting Department.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- High School Graduate/Equivalent required
- 2-4 years experience required
- Technical School/2 Years College / Associate's Degree preferred
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.