SMMC a division of Trinity Mid Atlantic is looking for an orderly to join our team.
The Orderly provides ancillary support to the Operating Room.
- Appropriately transports patients according to clinical condition.
- Transports specimens/blood products in a timely manner.
- Transports equipment/supplies from other departments to appropriate locations and checks functionality of all equipment prior to use.
- Assists in moving, positioning, and sterile prepping of patients as needed.
- Anticipates need, selects equipment and supplies in an organized and timely manner.
- Demonstrates a consistent ability to assess schedule and anticipate needs as conditions change. Able to prioritize and organizes needs appropriately.
- Demonstrates self direction by recognizing limitations and seeking opportunities for education from appropriate resources.
- Shows independence and takes initiative to complete daily assignments.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to expand responsibilities on daily basis.
- Demonstrates proactive approach through periodic "rounding" to assigned room throughout the course of daily activities.
- Consistently communicates availability and whereabouts when leaving unit for unassigned reasons.
- Demonstrates appropriate procedure for patient identification at all times and protects the patient's rights and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
BLS - issued by the American Heart Association
Child Abuse History Clearance
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.