Sr. Project Manager
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Manager provides project management experience to designated projects and assignments for a particular client account, property portfolio, or large facility/complex through interaction with the client, property or facility management team, and project management staff. Monitors and coordinates the execution of the various services and processes relating to client contracted agreements for project management and tenant improvement consulting services. May supervise one or more project managers, space planners, and/or CAD operators. Works closely with and provides detailed progress reports to the Account Manager/Director or Portfolio Manager in addition to the building/facility management team.
- Lead and schedule meetings, prepare agendas, develop and maintain master project budgets and timelines as required for each project and project phase to ensure overall project objectives and client needs are met and prepare and coordinate project reports and drawing reviews for clients, Account/Portfolio Manager, and property/facility management team at all project phases including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction phases
- Assist in the selection and contracting process and oversight of consultants and construction teams as necessary for each project. If appropriate/applicable, integrate the impact of other Project Management and C&W components
- Review requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project; advise and counsel the Account/Portfolio Manager and building/facility management team, directly participate in the marketing and presentation of services to clients, and may supervise and manage the performance, development, work quality, reporting, and activities of Project Managers, Space Planners, and CAD Operators
- Provide all necessary documentation and reports to the client and building/facility management team, and cooperate with other building/facility personnel to achieve corporate goals and objectives as to quality, service, cost and profit
- Report to the Account/Portfolio Manager and senior building/facility manager regarding major problems and findings and results achieved along with specific, complete, and comprehensive recommendations
- Provide the appropriate documentation and obtain the approvals necessary in advance of making organizational changes, actions planned, implying commitments, and expenditures in excess of approved budget
- May be required to establish goals and objectives with timetables for the organizational unit and sub-units supervised and select and hire subordinates; delegate to each necessary authority and responsibility for performance of assigned functions
- May be required to train, develop, motivate and discipline subordinates as necessary to meet established goals; review and appraise their work performance Implement government laws and regulations and adheres to established rulings of government authorities
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Architecture or related area required
- 7-10 years of experience in an engineering/construction project accountability role
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a project management capacity especially experience in leading, motivating, and developing employees
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time
- Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency, oral and written
- Technical Proficiency
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.