|Employment Type||Full Time|
Job Description:Unit Description
• Sodexo is seeking security officer on site in Andover MA ! Work with a great team and help us keep the client location secure. This is for a single location, regular hours and various shift options. We offer $17.00/hour , shift differential, and great benefits plan! No experience necessary, all training provided on site from our team
The Security Officer is responsible for patrolling the premises of residences or buildings to detect suspicious activity, assist tenants, and ensure the safety of occupants. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
• Guard’s property against damage, fire, theft, and illegal or unauthorized entry.
• Makes periodic rounds about buildings and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are properly secured.
• Enforces regulations and ensures the observance of applicable laws.
• In the event of infractions, warns or evict people.
• Interviews guests and employees to detect infringements and to investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents or incidents.
• Reports irregularities to management.
• Provides assistance for accident victims and handles emergencies.
• May lift and move equipment or a person or pursue and apprehend people.
• May assist management and law enforcement officials in emergency situations, apprehending unauthorized persons found on the property, searching and seizing items (sometimes requiring force), and investigating suspected thefts.
• Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Maintains confidentiality and appropriate professionalism.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• May perform responsibilities of Sr. Security officer in their absence.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in accordance with Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• 0 to 2 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of security procedures.
• Private security or public police experience preferred.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Valid state driver/operator's license (commercial) may be required.
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees
Job ID: 4666242838055326090
Andover, Massachusetts Jobs