Security Systems Technician
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
- Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
- Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
- Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
- Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
- Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
The Security Systems Technician is a member of the Security & Emergency Management team reporting to the Security Systems Manager. The Security Systems Technician also supports all matters involving the Security and Emergency department on an as-needed basis.
- Install and service security system cabling and equipment (access control, CCTV, gate operators, turnstiles, etc).
- Maintain quality control of work performed and ensure systems are compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Conduct all necessary coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools, and material as required.
- Complete required training programs for hardware installation and/or software efficiency.
- Maintain regular coordination with Security Systems Manager and team.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
- Three (3) years of Security System installation and service experience.
- Fundamental understanding of physical access control (card reader) systems, including electrified locks; CCTV and associated networking; and physical barriers, including doors, locks, gates, and turnstiles.
- Must have strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and perform with minimal guidance, including after-hours when needed.
- Must be willing to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have the ambition to seek constant improvement.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Flexibility to travel up to 25% annually.
Desired Skills / Achievements:
- Five (5) years of Security System installation and service experience.
- Advanced understanding of physical access control (card reader) systems, including electrified locks; CCTV and associated networking; and physical barriers, including doors, locks, gates, and turnstiles.
- High emotional intelligence to effectively engage with all stakeholders.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- ASIS Physical Security Professional (PSP) certification.
- Low-voltage license.
- BA/BS degree.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
To put it legally – Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.