You will have the ability to: you will provide project support, administrative assistance and routine clerical services to director and staff by performing secretarial and clerical duties.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
- Competitive pay
- Paid training
- Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
- Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
- Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Handles and maintains confidential information, records, reports and personnel files.
- Performs personnel actions and organizational maintenance in SAP HR E-Tools and ART Requests to on-board new employees.
- Supports annual budget process including data entry. Updates data and/or reviews periodic reports, collecting and entering variance explanations. Tracks discrepancies and ensures correction.
- Prepares, verifies, documents, enters and reconciles such items as invoices, expense accounts, purchase cards (P-Card), etc. in accordance with corporate procedures and deadlines. Acts as custodian of purchase card(s).
- Creates and modifies presentations, graphics, reports, spreadsheets, graphs, tables, charts, manuals, guides and flow charts.
- Accesses SAP systems to process, verify or retrieve data. Creates and updates other databases.
- Performs office administrative tasks such as tracking attendance, entering time, managing file storage/destruction and ordering non-stock office supplies.
- Creates and implements processes to support projects and initiatives.
- Composes, creates, edits and proofreads correspondence and email.
- Creates and maintains hard copy and electronic files.
- Takes lead role in supporting company initiatives such as fund-raisers and drives for non-profits and other special projects.
- Schedules, organizes and coordinates arrangements including catering for meetings, conferences, seminars, presentations, appointments and travel.
- Coordinates and schedules appointments for supervisor, manager, or director.
- Makes travel arrangements, including planning itineraries, booking flight reservations, and making hotel and transportation arrangements for department personnel.
- Provides clerical support such as faxing, photocopying and sorting/distributing mail/documents/reports.
- Screens calls and contacts, then assists or redirects employees, management, customers, vendors and the public, including responses to emergency situations and customer/public complaints. Provides back-up and/or relief for other administrative positions.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Requires five (5) years secretarial or administrative experience required
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.