Teletrac Navman is a SaaS company that just launched a new AI-driven telematics solution that uses a scalable cloud ecosystem and connects data from sensors, cameras, and mobile and third-party applications into real-time insights.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Do you take pride in a job well done? If you are a self-driven person and an analytical thinker, this opportunity is for you!
You will be part of an exceptionally talented team that retains a significant focus on personal and professional development while gaining a wide range of exposure to other departments. The role will be based remotely.
Responsibilities will include:
Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues
Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
At Teletrac Navman, we believe in YOU. We believe in your potential - your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability and visibility to do just that.
To be successful in this role, YOU will also be equipped with:
• Relevant bachelor’s degree [Major in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.)
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• Experience using the following software/tools:
Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Redshift.
Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Amazon SWF, AWS Step Functions, Apache Airflow, etc.
Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Lambda etc., with development in Node JS preferred.
Experience with stream-processing systems preferred: Kinesis, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Hands on coding experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: C#, Java, Python, Scala, etc.
• Analytical, framework thinker.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly collaborative.
• Strong technically, with a good ability to translate a business problem into a technical one.
• Business focused; measures work in its contributions to business outcomes and prioritizes effort against deliverables accordingly.
Teletrac Navman manages more than 500,000 vehicles and assets for more than 40,000 companies around the world. With headquarters in Orange County, CA, we have an international presence with additional offices in the United States, United Kingdom, ANZ and Mexico. Check our website for more info at www.teletracnavman.com
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systems—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world.
Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.
"Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."