Job Classification:Operations - Insurance Operations
Prudential’s U.S. Finance and Analytics (USFA) organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering insightful analytics and driving strategic decisions. The USFA team is made up of collaborative, high performing and diverse professionals who make a significant impact on our U.S. Businesses.
The USFA team is launching a new initiative to modernize the financial data architecture supporting the organization’s analytics, the Finance Data & Analytics Transformation. This initiative will revolutionize the function’s analytical processes, driving better business insights and allowing our associates to excel within a data-centric organization.
We are putting together a team in support of this transformative initiative leveraging the Agile/NWoW framework. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Finance here at Prudential, please consider applying to become a member of the team!
The Finance Data & Analytics Transformation initiative is seeking a finance associate with an entrepreneurial, tech-forward mindset to implement the project. Successful candidates will be part of a small team and partner with subject matter experts and technology associates to ideate, design, develop, roll-out, and measure success for the initiative.
The analyst will (a) bring the perspective of a Financial Planning & Analysis expert to the team, (b) determine and define the data that are in scope and (c) guide the enhancement / automation of the processes and final Reporting / Forecasting / Analytics deliverables in scope. The analyst will also proactively assess and document business needs, ensuring that any changes are effectively controlled and communicated.
This project will encompass managing aspects of finance, technology, project management, and people management. The project is estimated to extend over two years but may run shorter or longer depending on scope changes. There will be an opportunity at the end of the project to participate in the project’s next phase. The skills that a finance associate will develop in this project will be critical in building a finance career in the future, since technology and advanced analytical tools will be an integral part of the finance function of the future. Associates that build these skills will be at the leading edge of the finance teams going forward.
This busy periods in this job will not be cyclical, but will be based on the peaks of deliverables, milestones, and hurdles that are needed to push the project over the finish line. Some of the busy times may be predictable, while others may not. This position could be fully virtual for the right candidate.
Financial Management Experience
- Established work experience in financial management roles with heavy data-focus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp FP&A / Reporting requirements for new FM teams
- Strong affinity / curiosity for financial systems and implementing process efficiencies
- Ability to adeptly summarize detailed & complex financial information for senior audiences
- Demonstrated success working on cross-functional teams
- Ability to solve problems creatively, use strong curiosity to evaluate situations from all angles, and implement outside-the-box solutions that have not been attempted before
Versatile Communicator and Collaborator
- Utilization of flexible collaboration styles to build a cohesive team and maintain progress
- Partnership with associates across finance, data office, technology, and the businesses
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate the complexities of the technical solution to non-technical audiences
Intelligent Risk Taker and Decision Maker
- Ability to use financial systems expertise to evaluate situations, understand the challenges, take the necessary risks to get the project past milestones and over the finish line
- Capable of making project-level decisions that will be instrumental in keeping pace and setting the stage for future actions
- Takes responsibility for projects as if they were their own business
Growth and Learning Mindset
- Energized by an opportunity to work in a new, transformative project environment
- Wants to learn new technologies and processes
- Understands that this job is not about knowing the answers, but finding them
- 5-7 years of well diversified experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Capital Management, Actuarial, preferably in Insurance
- Experience with GAAP and STAT accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Modeling, and Executive Presentations
- Excellent project management, analytical, and interpersonal skills
Preferred but not required:
- Agile Team experience preferred
- SQL and data visualization experience strongly preferred
- MBA, CPA, CFA or a degree in technology is a plus
Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. Salary range specific to Colorado: $87,500- $118,300 + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at *****/a> for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email *****/a>.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email *****/a> to request assistance.