CDM Smith is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to join our Total Rewards team. This position will report directly to the Director of Total Rewards, who is based in our CDM Smith Global Headquarters of Boston, MA USA. The role of Senior Compensation Analyst will develop, implement and administer Total Rewards (i.e., compensation) programs and incentive practices; provides guidance and assistance to management and HR team members (i.e., HR Business Partners) in and serves as a lead compensation point of contact to designated business units and/or functional groups.
• Serves and performs advisory and day-to-day compensation direction. Reviews and processes planned and off cycle salary actions. Assists in the development of salary structures, annual budgets and matrices. Providing advice and collaborates with managers and leaders in the firm using sound compensation theory in the design and development of compensation programs and incentive practices.
• Partners with HR Colleagues (Total Rewards, HRBPs and Human Resource Information System team (HRIS)) to ensure integrity of data. Interprets applicable laws regulating compensation practices.
• Assists in compensation strategy planning and individual projects. Consults and partners with Human Resources staff, managers and employees to provide advice and deliver information on organizational design, restructuring, job evaluations, salary administration, merit planning issues and other compensation issues.
• Participates in salary surveys and analyzes results. Maintains database of survey data for analyzing market competitiveness to internal positions as needed.
• Analyzes jobs and writes job descriptions based on interviews and materials obtained from incumbents and supervisors. Applies job evaluation techniques to evaluate jobs and determines salary grade. Creates & maintain job codes. Establishes equitable pay rates for new hires and other staff.
• Investigates and recommends resolution on classification questions and Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) exemptions. Audits existing or proposed job classifications to obtain information regarding responsibilities, activities, duties and FLSA exemption requirements.
• Leads special compensation related projects. Prepares reports and analysis to review compensation issues, extracting and manipulating data as necessary from HRIS.
• Assists in the communication of compensation philosophy, performance appraisal/salary review process and incentive programs, as needed.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge and competency level of contemporary issues, practices, regulations, and systems applications within compensation and human resources.
• Participates in the design and development of automation tools to improve the speed, efficiency and quality of compensation information available to employees and managers.
Senior Compensation Analyst (Remote Options)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years of related experience
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
• Experience with Oracle
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong internal consulting skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and interact with technical disciplines
• Strong communication and presentation skills with attention to detail as well as the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with good business insight
• High level of customer service and great organizational skills
• Competency in MS Office, with advanced skills in Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Experience with HRIS systems.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced office environment
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and drive for results
• Proven teamwork and collaboration skills at all levels of the organization
• Thorough knowledge of domestic and international pay regulations; (e.g., FLSA, SCA)
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.