In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Prospects and develops new opportunities to grow the business. Independently develops/executes account plans to build customer relationships and achieve sales goals within the assigned sales territory, market segment or channel partners.
- Develops opportunities to increase sales by identifying, researching and contacting prospective customers. Develops and executes account plans for top prospects and conducts agreed upon face to face sales calls.
- Develops new customer relationships and strengthens current customer relationships that enable identification of a customer’s needs, business model and buying process.
- Uses understanding of customer needs and priorities to identify and offer Cummins solutions.
- Gains agreement on the differential advantage of Cummins solutions by helping the customer understand and evaluate existing data and information and the value proposition.
- Brings current and emerging needs of the customer and market to their manager/director.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines, including payment terms. Assists with collection of accounts receivables when needed.
- Drives sales, achieving sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction. Maintains and strengthens customer relationships to generate future sales and repeat business. Responds to customer concerns in a timely fashion.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Min 4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Plans proactively for successful execution of account/territory-level sales strategies and plans based on current pipeline; evaluates pipeline health (size, contents, progress); adjusts sales strategy, plans, or high impact activities accordingly; as applicable coaches sellers in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Intuitive Listening And Adapting Solutions - Translates needs, expectations, or asks from customers, stakeholders, etc. into actionable solutions through active listening and intuition; chooses or produces solutions (e.g. process change, tool, product, service, etc.) to meet or exceed the customers’ or stakeholders’ needs or expectations or to provide value.
- Sales Forecasting - Collects and assesses customer data from internal and external sources; compares against historical data to determine useful inputs and create a forecast of future consumption patterns.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Required: College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales or a related subject, or acceptable sales related work experience, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.