About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Counsel who will be a member of the Legal Department and responsible for advising on public company matters, including SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
In this role, you will:
- Provide guidance to management on legal and regulatory matters impacting business strategy and policy or claims against the Company.
- Proactively identify policy, legal, and regulatory matters pertaining to area of expertise, and evaluate the legal risk and impact.
- Advise on public company matters, including SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters.
- Review, provide comments, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices for significant corporate disclosures, including SEC filings, earnings releases and other public disclosures.
- Provide substantive legal advice on securities law compliance matters, SEC and NYSE requirements, and corporate governance best practices.
- Participate in and handle various corporate governance activities.
- Independently resolve moderately complex issues and lead team to meet deliverables
- Exercise considerable discretion and may serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients.
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Coach, mentor, and provide oversight for less experienced attorneys or staff
- Lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
- 4+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
- Experience as a practicing attorney
- Experience analyzing legal and regulatory issues in area of practice and provide effective counsel to clients on complex legal matters.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
- 4+years of demonstrated sound knowledge and experience advising publicly traded companies on SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters.
- Strong securities and corporate law background, including demonstrated knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and corporate governance principles for publicly traded companies.
- Familiarity with NYSE and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Ability to analyze, develop and execute solutions to complex legal issues.
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Des Moines, IA
- Charlotte, NC
- St. Louis, MO
- Los Angeles, CA
$138,500.00 - $287,600.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.