What you'll do...
This role is an integral member of the Associate Learning & Leadership team, supporting the International segment of Walmart. This position is responsible for providing data insights related to talent management hypothesis, as well as providing regular reporting to International and Enterprise leadership.
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems within International People, specifically in the area of Talent Management.
- Data Source Identification: Supports sourcing data from international markets, PTT and Workday, and ensures all critical talent data required for reporting is stored in QuickBase.
- Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose.
- Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within the People Function of Intl to data related or mathematical solutions.
- Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem.
- Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues.
- Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost/time savings.
- Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy.
- Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes, ways of working, and opportunities for automation of talent reporting.
- Data Quality Management: Promotes and educates others on data quality awareness and ensures quality data is used in talent reporting.
- Tests and validates data quality requirements.
- Continuously measures and monitors data quality. Delivers against data quality service level agreements.Manages operational Data Quality Management procedures.
- Manages data quality issues and leads data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects, improve data quality, and eliminate unused data.
- Determines user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data.
- Data Visualization: Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes.
- Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for multiple data sets.
- Work with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build frontend applications.
- Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through business and stakeholder understanding.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Collects and tabulates data and evaluates results to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability.
- Data Insights: Tests hypothesis from senior people leaders regarding talent, using data to provide insights that drive action.
- Collaboratively designs and builds talent dashboards for leaders and People team members
- Builds automated PowerBI reporting on commonly requested talent data
- Supports the identification and application of statistical techniques based on requirements.
- Assists in the planning, design and implementation of exploratory data analysis research projects. Understands existing statistical models and identifies and recommends statistical models based on hypothesis.
- Uses advanced Knowledge in Data Discovery tools to write queries and analyzes data to identify patterns, trends, outliers, and correlations.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years'
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics,
Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science,
statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America