What you'll do...
We are looking for a passionate, creative Senior Data Scientist to join Investigative risk and Operational Compliance Center (IROCC) team. You will be responsible to solve complex business problems using cutting-edge data mining, machine learning and optimization techniques. You will be a part of a cross-functional team of Data Analysts and Scientists focusing on solving business problem in the Ethics and Compliance subject area.
You'll make an impact by:
- Being a strategic team member of the IROCC teams, sharing insights and providing recommendations through effective communication and storytelling with data.
- Translating business requirements to technical solutions in machine learning models, analysis, or software tools
- Sharing use? cases? and? gives examples? to? demonstrate? how the? method? would? solve? the business? problem
- Building complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally
- Processing complicated and large scale datasets using distributed computing platforms; extract insights from data.
- Identifying? the? dimensions? of? the experiment,? finalizes? the? design,? tests hypotheses,? and ?conducts? the experiment
- Designing, building and implementing predictive and optimization models for replication of future projects
- Identifying the? model? evaluation metrics
- Applying? best? practice? techniques for? model? testing? and? tuning? to assess? accuracy, fit,? validity, and robustness? for? multi-stage models? and? model? ensembles
- Creating? test? cases? to? review and? validate the? proposed solution? design
- Demonstrating incremental solution approach with agile and flexible ability to overcome the practical problems
- Productionizing solutions (such as in the form of model servers or cron jobs); maintaining and continuously improving the solutions; addressing production issues. Presenting on projects within team or beyond to boost knowledge sharing, visibility, and business impact.
- Writing solid production code, mainly in Python. Master and help evolve the team’s technical stack (centered on Python, cloud, ML/DL, Docker, Kubernetes); understand Walmart’s product, data and pipeline systems.
- Participating in project and model discussions, code reviews. Assisting the team on system, infrastructure, analytics, modeling, and other needs.
- Interest in researching about new methods, tools and techniques to address complex business problems.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have:
- 3+ years (with Masters’ degree) or 1+ years (with PhD degree) programming-heavy work experience in a software engineering or data science team.
- Technical expertise in data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis(Python/PySpark/R/SQL)
- Work experiences using “traditional” machine learning models such as classification, clustering, random forest, boosting, and ensemble to solve real-world problems.
- Experience using data visualization (PowerBI/Tableau/Matplotlib) to derive powerful insights
- Decent proficiency at major ML and DL libraries such as scikit-learn, pytorch, tensorflow, numpy.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, or Spark)
- Good knowledge on deploying models into production
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
2914 Se I St, Bentonville, AR 72712-3148, United States of America