What you'll do...
- Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
Data Source Identification:
- Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements.
- Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose.
- Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.
- Selects the analytical modeling technique most suitable for the structured, complex data and develops custom analytical models.
- Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
- Defines and finalizes features based on model responses and introduces new or revised features to enhance the analysis and outcomes.
- Identifies the dimensions of the experiment, finalizes the design, tests hypotheses, and conducts the experiment.
- Perform trend and cluster analysis on data to answer practical business problems and provide recommendations and key insights to the business.
- Mentors and guides junior associates on basic modeling and analytics techniques to solve complex problems.
Model Assessment & Validation:
- Identifies the model evaluation metrics.
- Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assess accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensembles.
Model Deployment & Scaling:
- Supports efforts to ensure that analytical models and techniques used can be deployed into production.
- Support evaluation of the analytical model.
- Supports the scalability and sustainability of analytical models.
Code Development & Testing:
- Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by using the recommended programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements.
- Test the code using the recommended testing approach.
- Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes.
- Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for multiple data sets.
- Work with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build frontend applications.
- Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through business and stakeholder understanding.
- Customize communication style based on stakeholder under guidance, and leverages rational arguments.
- Guide and mentor junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
- Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions.
- Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem.
- Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
Applied Business Acumen:
- Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues.
- Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings.
- Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy.
- Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results.
- Recommends new processes and ways of working.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America