UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 40,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider - one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Aetna and Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Benefits of America
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave - 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave - 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee's 6% contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
- Pet Plan Insurance
Job Summary :
The Sr. SAP HANA/BASIS Database Administrator is responsible for critical aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, capacity/resource planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery strategy, promoting process improvement, problem solving, adhering to security policies and managing clusters of DB servers. Experience is required for cloning production data to development/test environments, and application optimization including query optimization. The candidate must have SAP HANA Database experience along with SAP BASIS. Oracle and MS SQL experience would also be a plus. Responsibility includes security and access controls and script automation for both the Linux and Windows environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze & sustain capacity and performance requirements. Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
- Work with business colleagues, vendors, and IT colleagues to support IT projects and for KTLO (Keep the Lights On) activities. Educate other IT and business personnel regarding IT Standards, policies and procedures. Assist developers/contractors with complex SQL tuning and make recommendations for schema refinement. Share technical expertise with peers and other team members. Lead discussions and brainstorming sessions with team members regarding future database upgrades, performance. Create shell scripts for task automation. Manage/install upgrades and patches to the database and surrounding environments. Work with the Cyber Security team to identify any vulnerabilities or exposures that threaten the environment and remediate those threats.
- Work under direction of Manager of Data Management to plan for installation releases, upgrades of database and supported database software/tools. Assist with planning of project timelines and budget of hours. Participate in strategic planning sessions for budgeting and long-term goals. Provide analytical skills to evaluate system performance, system health checks, and implementation of tuning improvements.
- Prepare and review task assignments and planning documents. Report on database transaction performance and database metrics (Performance Statistics). Complete regular status reports and forecasts for upcoming projects. Prepare project plans and task lists for implementations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- SAP HANA (S/4 HANA, HANA 2.0) experience is required.
- Oracle (Oracle 12c/Oracle 19c) & SQL Server experience are a plus.
- Good communication skills to work closely with Project Managers, System administrators, Application development team and other EDI Teams to complete the Database projects.
- SAP BASIS experience and/or familiarity is preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Knowledge of and experience with the following: SAP NetWeaver, SAP FIORI, BOBJ, SAP Landscape Management, SAP FIORI, SAP GRC, Open Text, SAP SSO, Tableau, a plus
- Work independently and be a good team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- At least 5 years of experience as Database Administrator
- At least 2+ years of experience with SAP HANA Database and another 3 years with other RDBMS (Oracle/MS SQL/My SQL)
- ITIL Foundation certification (at hire or within 12 months in position)
- Preferred: Certifications in COBIT framework
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.