$62,301 - $76,146
Ann W, Recruiter at Gigzio
Got 7 people hired
Supports and leads User Experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
Supports the continuous improvement of and leads the creation of user experience tools, documentation, and processes by maintaining holistic viewpoint when tackling project decisions; defining solutions frameworks from a scalable and global viewpoint; contributing to the evolution of site standards; collecting feedback and industry research standards; and providing recommendations.
Creates the user experience designs (for example, user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes) for complex and comprehensive initiative-level projects by leading project design definition activities; defining methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving creation of designs and specs that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; and working with Engineering leads to determine the effectiveness of solutions.
Mentors Associate Designers and Designers in day-to-day User Experience design methodology and principles by providing guidance on project based design tasks; and creating educational design modules for the User Experience practice curriculum.
Manages user experience design, prototyping, and specification writing projects by proposing and leading project definition activities; working with other project team members to define methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving the creation of designs, prototypes, and specifications that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; working with Engineering leads to determine the effectiveness of solutions; producing detailed design documentation and other specifications required to implement design; working with product manager and team to define documentation scope; reviewing project product requirements document (PRD) to ensure correct translation of design; and providing quality assurance (QA) feedback to and consultation with HTML, Engineering, and Product Management teams prior to launch.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
Job ID: 1274097787532852682
RESTON, Virginia, 20191