What you'll do...
If you have an extensive consulting background with deep skills directing existing operations and implementing growth strategies, you’re a great fit for the Senior Director, Energy Services role. This role will lead, direct and carry out strategic and tactical implementation of energy and sustainability initiatives for Walmart’s Energy Services team.
This leader will be instrumental in getting Walmart to reach our Zero Operations Emission goal by 2040 and achieve zero waste in the US and Canada by 2025.
If you’re a ready for a challenge that will have a global footprint, apply now!
- Oversees the overall reduction and management of energy and utility expenses for Walmart by directing energy saving programs
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives
- Engage key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas
- Oversees changes in energy costs and ensures adequate power by managing the identification of opportunities for energy credits and rebates offered by states
- Develops strategy and oversees sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies
- Oversees and monitors variances in energy information by auditing and analyzing utility costs and usage for stores, clubs, and distribution centers
- Verifying accuracy in the National Information Solutions Cooperative data and benchmarking loads, natural gas and water consumptions, energy variances, and abnormalities
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs, developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices
- Organizing work requested by utility companies during emergency situations to prevent power loss, identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors and co-generation to improve the power factor and reduce costs
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps, recruiting, selecting, and developing talent
- Support mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Oversees the regulatory and legislation influencing process by identifying, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting legislation, regulations and policy issues related to renewable and sustainable energy and greenhouse gas emissions
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 7 years’ experience in utility operations or related area OR 9 years’ experience in utility operations or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America