Reporting to the Vice President, Head of Litigation, the successful candidate will work closely with the Litigation Team and key business stakeholders to provide high-quality legal advice, primarily in the areas of product liability litigation, complex commercial disputes, warranty matters, and class actions. The successful candidate must be a team player with a demonstrated history of working collaboratively and effectively with an experienced group of lawyers and paralegals. The successful candidate also will be expected to independently manage an active caseload, strategically direct outside counsel and consultants, and skillfully advise internal business colleagues. Significant experience in all aspects of complex products liability, warranty, and class action litigation is required. The ideal candidate also will possess strong leadership and managerial courage, emotional intelligence and maturity, an appropriate sense of urgency, and excellent business partnership and relationship-building skills. A passion for the outdoors and an aptitude or interest in mechanical/engineering problem-solving is also highly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently manage portions of the company's complex pre-litigation and litigation matters, including matters involving product liability, warranty, commercial, and class action cases and other litigated matters in a manner that reflects internal priorities and protects company interests.
- Lead or significantly contribute to process-improvement initiatives relating to document retention and eDiscovery processes.
- Confidently communicate with internal business stakeholders regarding litigated matters, process improvements, and other matters.
- Independently and effectively manage and oversee outside counsel.
- Negotiate litigation settlements and represent Polaris at mediations and trials.
- Lead and contribute to process-improvement projects in support of the Legal Department's mission and initiatives.
- Develop and provide training to corporate colleagues on a variety of legal issues.
- Monitor, review, and resolve day-to-day legal and regulatory issues as they are assigned.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in at least one U.S. state, with the ability to become licensed in Minnesota.
- 10-15 years of significant litigation experience either in-house or at a law firm, in the areas of product liability, class actions, or complex commercial litigation.
- Confident team player with attorney and non-attorney legal professionals and business partners. Ability to manage, mentor, and direct paralegals in a collaborative setting.
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Managerial and leadership courage.
- Emotional intelligence and maturity.
- Assertive self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical and strategic legal advice to senior business leaders.
- Technical background and knowledge of highly regulated consumer products is preferred.
- Hybrid / Corporate office environment with remote option available.
- Up to 25% Travel
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture.At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generousmatching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.