Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.About the Role
The Senior Director of Marketing Operations will drive the vision for strategically evolving and leading the marketing pipeline and the tools & technology to drive efficiency for the department at large. This position is responsible for the development of more streamlined workflows, finding tools and technology to improve efficiency and driving change management needed to implement new processes & ways of working. Collaborating closely with Marketing leadership, the Senior Director defines implements and evolves processes and tools to ensure that Marketing, Creative and Production teams are evolving their workflows to align with the new requirements of bringing concepts to life through delivery for site, email, retail, social and digital marketing.
This position will be the Operations lead for the marketing team to act as the key partner with the cross-functional operational leads to better integrate marketing into the overarching Product Pipeline calendar in both the short term and longer term as the Product Process evolves.
The Senior Director is an agent of change that provide the clear vision and communication needed to operationalize a large, complex and ever-changing marketing department.
- Lead team responsible for program management, asset management, photo studio, digital production & delivery, print production & marketing tools and technology
- Develop and implement innovative solutions for multifaceted future workflow processes to ensure our marketing operations & tools are evolving with brand business needs and changing marketing environment
- Partner with tech teams and digital operations team on implementation of all new MarTech capabilities
- Drive vision and execution of the internal marketing tools & technology eco-system needed for maximum efficiency and ease in the department
- Grow and maintain strong cross functional relationships with all internal teams (creative, digital, product and marketing) as well as external industry and vendor partners; Partner with these teams regularly to make strategic planning and resourcing decisions
- Collaborate with the Head of Digital Operations & Product Operations on maintaining consistent time-tracking and project management procedures
- Lead resource management for creative team to best align with brand and business priorities and maximum efficiency
- Own, maintain and grow program management processes and procedures that meet departmental and Brand objectives and goals
- Facilitate master scheduling across Marketing and Marketing integrated into Product Pipeline
- Manage overall marketing divisional budget, resources, freelancers & staffing, travel, etc. to strategically implement practices to best maintain budget to achieve function and brand goals
Who You Are
- 15+ years of hands-on management of functions that included: asset management, program management, digital production and delivery, photo studio, marketing tools/platforms, creative resource management
- Proven expertise developing and implementing evolved operations processes
- Strong knowledge of how to leverage marketing tools & technology to drive operational efficiency
- Ability to adapt to an ever-evolving, priority shifting environment with tight deadlines
- Experience with in-house and creative agency environments that have content production and program management
- Diplomatic conflict resolver
- Unparralleled analytical skills with the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations.
- Unflappable, with the ability to bring as else of calm assurance to high energy interactions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.