Seattle, WA - preferred / Remote Available
At Shinola, we make beautiful, enduring, handcrafted goods that are built to be lived in, worn out, and well loved. Our thoughtful craftsmanship, timeless design and spirited stories inspire our customers to live well, with confidence & joy--in a style that is uniquely their own! Because we are a growing and evolving company, each employee is a key stakeholder, making decisions every day that directly impact our overall vision and direction. At Shinola, youll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution at the start of what we believe will become an iconic American brand.
The Senior Information Security Analyst will plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security protocols for the protection of the organizations computer networks and information. This position works closely with our infrastructure and applications teams daily to fulfill the organizations IT security needs. Our IT department has a growing security practice which in this role you will help to form and mature through setting policy and determining best practices.
- Collaborates with users to discuss computer data access needs, to identify security
threats and violations, and to identify and recommend needed programming or process
- Sets and enforces policy for the organizations data encryption, firewalls, and other
security tools and applications to conceal and protect transfers of confidential digital
- Develops and implements plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or
unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure; adheres to emergency data
- Reviews violations of security procedures; provides training to ensure violations do not
- Manages the organizations security awareness training program.
- Monitors and restricts access to sensitive, confidential, or other high-security data.
- Modifies security files and applications as able and necessary to provide specialized
access, allow new software to be installed or integrated, or correct errors.
- Performs risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper functioning of data
processing activities and security measures.
- Safeguards system security and improves overall server and network efficiency by
training users and promoting security awareness.
- Determines when to update virus protection systems by monitoring current reports of
computer viruses; facilitates or performs needed updates.
- Analyze IT requirements and provide objective advice on the use of IT security
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of security software applications and tools.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems including firewalls, encryption, and IDPS concepts.
- Experienced with penetration testing and techniques.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of operating system internals and security mechanisms.
- Experience analyzing attacker techniques that leverage email and cloud-service tactics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Programming, or a related field required
- At least three years of experience in a technical role in the areas of Security Operations, Threat Intelligence, Cyber Incident Response, or Penetration Testing.
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Compensation type
: Compensation can be negotiated based on previous experience & qualifications.
- Bonus eligibility
- Employee hiring referral bonus
- Paid Time-off
- 10 Corporate Holidays
- 15 Vacation days (accrued)
- 2 Volunteer days
- Medical, dental & vision -click here to view our full package!
- 401k with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
- Merchandise discounts
- Complimentary employee watch
- HR Phone Screening
- 30 minutes via Microsoft Teams (camera off)
- Technical Interview with Hiring Manger
- 1 hour via Microsoft Teams (camera on)
- Take home assignment
- 30minutes -2 hours of work
- note: select positions may not require a case study assignment
- Final Interview with Panel
- 1 hour via Microsoft Teams (camera on)
*The general hiring process can be found above, however Shinola reserves the right to change the process as needed.
At Shinola, were committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100 of the listed criteria. Shinola encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they dont necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Shinola may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.