***This role can be located in McLean, VA, or be Remote***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to Hilton Connected Room that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing? As Senior Lead Platform Engineer, Strategic Property Technologies, you will work with hotel teams and internal business partners to define and deliver technology capabilities for our Strategic Properties. This role plays a key part in supporting Hilton’s portfolio of casino and all-inclusive resort properties. Through regular engagement with our properties and engineering teams, you will build a deep understanding of the needs on-property and manage the definition, prioritization, and delivery of the required PMS capabilities. You will partner with our PMS vendor and internal technology teams to ensure all delivery commitments are met. Under your leadership, stakeholder expectations will be clearly defined and managed and any identified issues or risks will be optimally mitigated. Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with Hilton’s business collaborators and strategic properties to understand and detail their technology needs and to transform those requirements into deliverable solutions
- Serve as the point of escalation for Hilton’s strategic properties in order to gain an understanding of the issues/challenges and lead triage efforts with software engineering and/or vendors/partners
- Drive Hilton Technology teams and vendors/partners to deliver quick resolution on open issues and drive new improvements for strategic properties
- Document issue progress and risks and provide timely and relevant updates to key partners and leaders
- Lead special projects initiated by strategic properties requiring Platform Engineering support and participation
- Support PMS strategy, including leading the evaluation, analysis, and implementation of new PMS solutions
What are we looking for? The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Understanding of core hotel operations concepts and technology use cases
- Relationship skills to effectively support property and business stakeholders and to drive internal and external technology partners
- Verbal and written communication skills to accurately convey functional requirements to technical teams and progress reporting to stakeholders and leaders
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Problem-solving to meet delivery commitments and remove barriers to progress
To fulfill this role successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of professional experience in Technology or related field
- Five (5) years of experience leading teams and/or projects in a technology field
- Five (5) years of experience in Hotel / Hospitality Operations
- 30% of travel
It would be useful in this position for the candidate to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or Associate’s Degree plus 6 years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus 12 years of Technology related experience
- Proficiency with prominent Property Management Systems, including Opera PMS
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. The salary for this role varies by applicable and specialized experience and location (Colorado applicants: Please click here for additional information.). Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan, consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Source: Hospitality Online