Senior Paralegal - Marketing and Advertising
|Employment Type||Full Time|
Job Description:Job Title
Senior Paralegal - Marketing and Advertising
EffectiveTuesday,January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips*. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation.*Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request.You may contact888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But its not just what we do, its who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers needs. Its what inspires us to create meaningful solutions the kind that make a real difference when it matters most.
The world and our customers needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. Thats why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips purpose has never been more relevant. So, whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, youll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
Provide legal and administrative support to the Philips Legal team, with specific emphasis on supporting our attorneys for various agreements, including clinical, research, professional services and other contracts. Additionally, you will support our businesses with response to legal questions, fair market value/compliance direction and other ad-hoc requests, such as marketing communications reviews and comparisons to approved claims lists for products and services just to name a few.
This position will be based onsite from our offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts
You are responsible for
• Assist internal business clients on legal contracts, contract negotiation and compliance with federal healthcare provider/Medicare fraud and abuse policies.
• Drafting, based on template agreements, under the supervision of Attorneys, agreements related to clinical study agreements; research agreements; professional services agreements (including speaker agreements); consulting agreements; and various other agreements and review of these agreements for legal and compliance issues.
• Coordinate first line reviews of contract negotiations with attorneys if there are counter-party edits.
• Review healthcare provider checklists for USA contracts for compliance and escalate as needed for deviations.
• Conduct legal review of marketing communication material and advertising in accordance with approved claims lists.
• Meet with business teams, as appropriate, in particular for contract and marketing matters.
• Drafting letters and other correspondence having a legal effect related to transactional and compliance matters.
• Maintaining and updating files in the departments matter management and project tracking databases.
• Assisting with the preparation, execution, and filing of required legal documents and the administration of day to day law department activities as necessary.
• Assisting with due diligence fact-finding related to discovery issues and other matters, including gathering facts and documentation from personnel in other departments, as needed.
You are part of
The North America Legal Team, where you are offered an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and positions you to take on increased responsibility.
To succeed in this role, youll need a customer-first attitude and the following
• Bachelors degree, paralegal certificate, or related experience required
• 3+ years of relevant experience required; in house law department, corporate law or law firm experience strongly preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and colleagues
• Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
• Strong attention to detail in the review, processing, and drafting of department documents; ability to utilize detail and depth of legal understanding to conduct, gather, and present research materials
• High degree of proficiency with MS Office and internet applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to personally contribute to Philips achievement of growth objectives and the ambition of improving the lives of 3 Billion people a year by 2025. Your contributions will enable broader deployment of solutions that address some of societys most pressing health issues. You will contribute to crafting the future of healthcare and saving lives, impact sustainability, and curtailing energy consumption.
Additionally, we offer you the ability to partner with, learn and grow from, colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive a strategic business for Philips. We will support your personal and professional development with the opportunity to further advance your career in a company that believes in offering its employees challenges and opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
U.S. work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. For this position, you will reside in or within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA.
How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility withcollaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people andour customers.We areembracing an approach wherein wespend more time together than apart which for full-timeemployees translates to an average of at least 3 daysworking from the office and up to 2 days from home forour hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changingdemands of work and home in the most balanced,productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance ofimpactful collaboration:There's a certain energy when everyones in the same roomthat can heighten idea generation and creative frictionneeded for problem-solving.
Weembrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how towork can vary according to task and team schedules.Flexibilityisntoffice or online, it means choosing the spacethat works best for you, your teams, and our customers on acase-by-case basis.
We want tobe at our best: The way wework,and ourworkspaces are designed to support our well-being, offercareer advancement opportunities, and enable us to be atour best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what its like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a persons relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Job ID: 3788605202383230590
Cambridge, Massachusetts Jobs