Senior Vice President – Practice Operations
Under the direct supervision of the President/CEO, the Senior Vice President of Operations/COO is responsible for leading, administering, and managing the overall clinical and administrative operations of this specialty physician group from a national level. The SVP of Ops maintains P&L accountability for all practices and is responsible for the promotion of the group's mission, vision, and values in the market.
- Accountable for the successful implementation and management of specific strategies, which ensure the short and long-term financial viability of the network.
- Develops and monitors annual operating plans that are in alignment with the company's strategic, financial, clinical and operating objectives.
- Identifies potential areas of geographic expansion through organic growth or acquisition.
Management and Administration
- Measures the group's performance against stated goals and objectives to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiate, implement, and monitor activities to reduce medical expenses, advance quality, improve customer service, and increase staff productivity.
- Collaborates and partners with the group's Executive Committee to ensure sound market governance, in alignment with the company, and that that clinical and operating plans are successfully communicated, implemented and managed.
- Collaborates with division physician leadership to ensure all providers are working at optimum efficiency in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist physician leadership and clinical program medical directors with the implementation of new programs and service li
- Provides strong leadership, team building and role modeling to all staff.
- Promotes an environment to ensure that all clinical services provided are in accordance with standards of practice and all federal, state and local regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that the organization has the appropriate complement of trained clinical and administrative staff to ensure that its vision and objectives can be accomplished.
- Ensures that strategic objectives are appropriately aligned with existing and anticipated federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Manages annual performance review process for the group, in alignment with the company policies and procedures.
Accounting and Finance
- Maintains P&L accountability for the group, inclusive of Rev and EBITDA budget targets, KPIs, and overall practice expenses
- Assures that effective financial controls are in place and maintained in order to ensure the safety and stability of Company assets.
- Oversees the development of annual operating budgets for the group in coordination with the company's Operational and Financial leadership teams
- Continually seeks opportunities to identify and enhance product and service offerings in order to enhance overall practice profitability.
Senior Vice President – Practice Operations Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Masters degree strongly preferred
- 10+ years experience in operational/P&L leadership in multi-site healthcare
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was very impressed with Nate’s attention to detail and making sure I had as much information and guidance as possible prior to my phone interview. His comments helped understand the employer’s perspective better.
Bruce, Chief Operating Officer in Kentucky