- Will be responsible for the overall supervision of the Security personnel assigned to the unit and supervision and control of the inmates assigned to the unit.
- Will assist with the preparation of employee evaluations, corrective actions, counseling, etc.
- Will make unannounced inspections of the unit to ensure that subordinate security are performing duties properly.
- Will be responsible for briefings and training of all security personnel assigned to the unit.
- Will make routine scheduled and unscheduled inspections of the unit, security devices and gates for cleanliness, serviceability and accountability, and ensure that the unit meets all safety and OSHA standards.
- Will conduct investigations of alleged misconduct and will mediate to resolve at lowest level.
- Assists in conducting all counts and makes written reports as needed and/or required.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:Recruiting and Employment Services
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A High School diploma and experience in Correctional, Security or Police work.
SCDC Minimum Requirements: (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
- A High School diploma.
- Eighteen (18) months experience in correctional, security, military, or police work.
Must be certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six (6) months of entry into the position.The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education.