The Friendly Toast: Front of House Hourly Job Description...
Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manager on Duty
The Friendly Toast is a unique “all day brunch and bar” restaurant with an eclectic, scratch-made menu. The Toast is an amazing place for growth within the restaurant industry for the right people. We have a commitment to grow 2-4 new locations per year for the next five to seven years. Are you a server looking to move up to a manager position? Come grow with the Toast!
SERVER JOB DESCRIPTION
The FOH position consists of Hosts, Bussers, Runners, Servers and Bartenders. As a FOH position you may be asked to help cover other positions during your employment. These positions are the face of The Friendly Toast and have direct interaction with guests. The FOH position must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. Your individual personality should shine through – use it to your advantage. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
Major Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
• Serve three to four tables, as determined by management.
• Have complete knowledge of The Friendly Toast’s food and beverage preparation.
• Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
• Able to use a computer to ring orders on a check.
• Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
• Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
• Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
• Ability to clear and reset tables.
• Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
• If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
• All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
• Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
• 40 hours of sick time each year
• Paid Time Off after 1 year of full-time employment
• Time and a half on designated holidays
• Medical and Dental benefits for full-time team members
• 401k plan options
The Friendly Toast is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws