Reports to: General Manager
Job Summary: Responsible for following the steps of excellent service to provide a memorable experience for our guests...
Major areas of responsibility:
• Escort guests to their tables when needed.
• Review MVP program with all guests.
• Strong MVP Program knowledge.
• Review menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, upsell to improve their dining experience and raise check average. Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Write guests food orders on order pads and repeat the order back to the guest.
• Input guests order accurately into POS system.
• Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Check guests' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
• Collect payments from guests.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables and take them to kitchen for cleaning throughout guests visit and after they leave.
• Clean and reset tables after guests have finished dining.
• Assist host or hostess by answering phones, taking to-go orders, greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
• Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
• Roll silverware, set up food stations, or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, tea, beverages, napkins, side plates, etc.
• Fill salt, pepper shakers and wipe down table tents throughout the shift.
• Ask the guests to leave a review.
• Maintain a positive and professional approach to coworkers and customers.
• Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
• Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
• Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work well with others rather than alone.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Use both hands and all fingers to handle, control, grasp, move, assemble or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Repeat the same movements.
• Walk or stand for long periods of time.
• See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
• See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
• See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
• Understand the speech of another person.
• Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
• Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
• Keep your hand and arm steady while moving.
• Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm).
• Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out their body.
• Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
• Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
• Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
• Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects.
• Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
• Determine the distance between objects.
• Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving.
• React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet.
• Add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Multitasking different work activities and shifting attention from one task to another.
• Heavy lifting up to 40 lbs