Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Job Family: Systems Administration
GDIT is seeking a ServiceNow System Administrator to join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex information technology environment. Provide support to the Program Executive Office Command Control Communications-Tactical PEO C3T to integrate functionality onto the ServiceNow platform to create a Fielding and Configuration Management Tool (FACT). The tool will be used to establish and maintain Portfolio Wide data structure to support various workflows, engineering configuration, fielding support Services, forms/dashboards, and logistics configuration management. In this role, a typical day will include:
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
• Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
• Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide commercial advantage in a global marketplace
• Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
• Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
• Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
• Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
• Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
• Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
• Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
• Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
Education / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
• A minimum of 2 years of related work experience
• ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or ServiceNow Certified Application Developer.
• ITIL v3/v4 Certification.
• Proven work experience in IT
• Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
• Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure)
• Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
• Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
• Up-to-date knowledge of marketplace and technology changes pertinent to ServiceNow, monitoring tools, and ITIL processes.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.