Leader of the Second Shift Ship Management team, who coordinates and directs the work of trades and subcontractors to perform work for the entire availability. The Ship Manager has responsibility to efficiently meet project safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals, while leading multiple area managers. Work with multiple departments and processes to support production efforts across entire repair team to support work execution, problem solving, planning, and process improvement. Will lead and facilitate teams through issues proactively across multiple departments. Ship Managers will be required to provide training support across team/peers, and interact with internal/external customers across the enterprise. Directly responsible for the efficient execution of work items and the conditions of the areas in which they are assigned.
Performance for this position will be evaluated based on the success of the overall availability. Performance will be measured against predetermined safety, quality, schedule, and cost standards. Ship Managers will report directly to the Director of Operations.
The Ship Management team works directly with production, and all other support trades to eliminate obstacles in the way of project success. Ship Managers are the primary point of contact for the entire operations team for their assigned ship. Ship Managers are the direct point of contact for all activity on the ship and have responsibility to direct production labor and support resources in order to successfully navigate the entire avail. This position required a solid background knowledge of ship repair process, a team-first mentality, and a positive attitude. Ship Managers have direct reports (Area Managers) and have links to production leadership to provide direction around adherence to safety, quality, cost, and schedule.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Project Management, Business Development, Finance or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Government/Commercial New Construction Shipbuilding or Ship Repair experience
- Positive attitude, Team-oriented approach to problem solving
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Comprehension - ability to understand problems and to collaborate to explore identification of solutions.
- Organization - ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term, and/or long-term basis, both for self and others.
- Reasoning & Decision Making - ability to prioritize work projects and requirements; ability to develop concepts, plans and work schedules and communicate them to others, and/or to subordinate employees.
- Communication - regular requirements to use written and oral communication skills; interact with managers, staff, co-workers and others encountered in the course of work; ability to compose materials such as detailed reports and work related documents and communicate substantively about them either verbally or in writing; communicate interactively & make presentations effectively.
- Mathematics - ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical and/or statistical data for reporting purposes
- Strong planning and project management skills, with thorough knowledge of ship repair processes and sequences
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.