344 – Bakersfield Extra
- Provide excellent Customer Service?
- Love your Community?
- Love Food?
Join our Store Operations Team as a Service Clerk!
3400 White Lane
Bakersfield, California, 93309
The Service Clerk is the key to our success!
Stores count on the Service Clerk to provide excellent customer service, keep the shelves conditioned with good, fresh food and create an all around great shopping experience for our customers.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and organize shopping carts within the store and retrieve carts from the parking lot and surrounding areas.
- Assist customers with the loading of merchandise into shopping carts. Provide customers with assistance to and loading of their vehicles.
- Check retail prices on shelf for check stand personnel.
- Pull merchandise from check stand (“go backs”) and return it to the proper shelf. Walk aisles and return any misplaced items to their proper location. Face merchandise on aisles as needed.
- Monitor cleanliness of store entrance: sweep front area inside and outside and pick up and empty trash regularly throughout the day, mop outside walkways and clean entrance/exit doors daily.
- Monitor cleanliness of store throughout the day: sweep, mop, and clean and restock restrooms as needed.
RESTRICTIONS: Service Clerks may NOT perform the following duties:
- Operate a cash register.
- Hang item tags (e.g. price changes, ad tags, new item tags)
Perform any receiving function, including but not limited to:
- Receiving any type of order through either the front or the back
- DEX /NEX functions
- DSD functions
- Operate power equipment (may be certified to operate bailer if age 18 or greater)
- Run a department, dry or perishable
- Stock shelves, with the exception of merchandise from the check stands (“go backs”).
- Pull downs, with the exception of assisting a customer with merchandise when the shelf is empty.
- Work on a night crew, with the exception of clean up duties.
What You’ll Bring
Candidates should possess the ability to:
- Read and write English, interact with general public and co-workers.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, product labels, product pricing codes, shelf tags, short correspondence, and memos.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
It Would Be Extra Awesome if you brought…
- Basic PC/Outlook skills
- Retail Management Certificate
Who We Are
We are the smaller, faster grocery warehouse store and one of the longest continuously operating food retailers in the United States and operates under two banners: Smart & Final and Smart & Final Extra!. Headquartered in Los Angeles, where our history dates back to 1871, Smart & Final operates more than 250 grocery and foodservice stores in California, Arizona and Nevada.
Across all of Smart & Final, we’re passionate about providing for those who provide for others. And we’re dedicated to the communities we serve. With the help of our customers and associates, Smart & Final and the Smart & Final Charitable Foundation donate more than $1 million and 1,000 volunteer hours each year – providing support and improving the lives of millions in the areas of health & wellness, hunger relief and emergency response, K-12 education, and youth sports.
What We Bring
- 10% Associate Discount to Shop Where You Work!
- 401(k) Retirement Benefit + Match
- Continuing Education Benefits
- And Much More!
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.