Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Turbonomic is the World’s leading Application Resource Management (ARM) company assuring application performance across on-premise, multi-cloud, and cloud-native environments. We enable Application Performance that’s scalable, proven and cost efficient.
At Turbo, we’ve invested nearly $200 million over 10 years to build the best real-time and continuous AI analytics solution that provides answers so accurate they can be executed automatically. Come see why more than 2,000 Turbo customers, including 26% of the Fortune 500, are using ARM to assure performance of their mission-critical business critical applications.
What you will do:
- Design QE methodology and test approaches that validate features developed by Agile / Scrum teams and ensures the accuracy of the requirements.
- Drive, scope, design and code automated tests.
- Create automation best practices.
- Participate in our Agile process by being an active contributor in daily standups, sprint kick-offs, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- Make recommendations for improvements in how we engineer our products.
- Perform manual and automated QE processes for new releases, and for routine maintenance. Report defects and testing status
- Design test environment in QE Lab
- Simulate real-world deployments of the products, and reproduce customer issue
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in Quality Engineering
- Experience writing code in Java or Groovy or Python
- Able to find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code with the help of automation tools.
- Able to set up, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks.
- Experience testing virtualization or storage software intersecting with additional background in one or more of the following: virtualized storage, VMWare vCenter, VMware storage stack, Xen, Hyper-V, NetApp, HP3Par, VDI, flash, caching, server-side storage, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, GCP), Cloud-native, SQL proficiency, familiarity with AWS and careful performance studies, distributed file systems, or distributed object stores.
- Able to advocate for all facets of product quality (usability, scalability, maintainability, etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum methodology
- Familiarity with TestRail, Jira, Git, Jenkins, Selenium, ReadyAPI is a plus