What you'll do...
We are a part of Samsclub Technology, a division of the Fortune #1 company Walmart. We are focused on powering Walmart to lead the next retail disruption. Our team, Club Systems and Applications, is responsible for enabling next generation applications and platforms for our associates in clubs to empower them, drive efficiency and simplify day-to-day operations. We are investing in modernizing our systems and services to transform club operations with latest technology. We are looking for talented individuals who can use their engineering and problem solving skills to help our teams build solutions at scale.
As a Software Engineer III for Club Inventory team, you will spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross functional teams, and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a member of our team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have a deep interest and passion for technology
- You’re a problem solver
- You’re experienced with micro services architecture
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality while enforcing engineering principles
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage application development at scale
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold contributors accountable
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
What you'll do...
- Participates in small to medium-sized complex team projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solutions based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Must have Requirements:
- Demonstrated software development experience in Java with working knowledge of Java 8 features.
- Experience in building, orchestrating, and deploying highly scalable REST based stateless APIs/ web services for web applications and mobile clients
- Proven skills and hands-on experience in Springboot, multi-threading, REST, data caching services, DB schema design and data access technologies
- Experience working with relational, NoSQL and ORM technologies
- Knowledge of event-based systems and publish/subscribe models.
- Software development in an Agile CI/CD development environment.
- Experience with cloud computing and creating modern cloud applications
- Strong creative, collaboration and communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in working in a large enterprise, with a global environment, across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Experience with reactive programming, async programming, and non-blocking IO is a plus
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America