Computer Hardware Engineer
Charleston, South Carolina Jobs
Computer Hardware Engineer Jobs
Computer Hardware Engineers Jobs
This Engineer, SRE will be responsible for full cycle development of software products. The Engineer will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, internal Engineering teams and Product Owners. Hands-on training and development for the position include the active participation and contribution to the technical design of deployment architecture, monitoring and operating applications in all environments.
Applies full understanding of the business, the customer, and the solutions that a business offers to effectively design, develop, and implement operational capabilities, tools, and processes that enable highly available, scalable, & reliable customer experiences.
• Utilizes their deep knowledge of operations engineering, connected services, and information technology plus their knowledge of industry best practices to innovate and influence operational approaches and solutions.
• Manage local assignments and on-call responsibilities as part of a globally dispersed application operations team.
• Drive and improve engagement for members of a globally dispersed team.
• Works on assignments that are broad in scope and complexity, that may cross several functional and organizational boundaries, and cover a wide range of issues
• Implements repeatable and maintainable procedures through automation.
• Develops and maintains automated, zero-downtime deployment capability in an always-on SaaS environment.
• Develops and maintains monitoring solutions to aid in the rapid notification and resolution of incidents
• Building highly scalable application deployment architecture in AWS EC2
• AWS Security and Cost Management
• Develop & maintain automated deployment capabilities for zero-downtime daytime deployments
• Design & configure monitoring with meaningful and actionable alerts
• Develop living playbooks to improve repeatability and reduce application incidents
• Develop real-time application dashboards showing overall system health
• Report on applications performance, availability, reliability, etc.
• Create technical design and implementation plan for application disaster recovery, migration, roll-back plans, expansion, routine deployments, and system upgrades
• Experience with RedHat Linux, Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle
• Experience with AWS Stack (ELBs, ALBs, EKS, ECS, EC2, S3, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudFront, EBS, RDS, IAM, DirectConnect, etc.)
• Experience with Deployment Automation using: Chef, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Docker
• Track record of strong technical acumen, courage for rapid decision-making, and bias for action
• Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
• Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, and MySQL experience a plus.
Job ID: 2093649475054410203
Charleston, South Carolina, 29492