Power up your career in the dynamic energy industry! UGI Corporation is an international energy distribution and services company that provides superior service in delivering a range of energy products. By operating as a best-in-class service provider, offering a great place to work, serving our communities and delivering value to investors, we aim to positively impact the lives of our shareholders, employees, customers and communities.
UGI Corporation (NYSE: UGI) is a holding company that distributes and markets energy products and services through our subsidiaries and the company's common stock is a balanced growth and income investment. UGI Corporation has paid common dividends for more than 135 consecutive years.
In addition to a challenging career and competitive compensation, our employees enjoy:
Generous and Family-friendly Health & Welfare Benefits Including:
• Medical, Vision, and Dental Plans
• Optional Health Savings Account
• Optional Dependent Care Savings Account
• Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Prescription Coverage
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Work from home policy
• Employee Assistance Program
Additional Benefits Include:
• 401K with a generous company match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Assistance with Professional Credentialing
• Adoption Assistance
• Pet Insurance
• Referral Bonuses
• Employee Discount Programs
This position plays an integral role for accurate, timely completion and filing of the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") periodic reports (i.e., Forms 10-Q/K, 8-K and 11-K) for UGI Corporation and certain subsidiaries' quarterly and annual public company financial statements in accordance with the accounting standards generally accepted in the U.S. ("GAAP"). Under minimal supervision, prepares financial statements and footnote disclosures included in the periodic reports and assists in various projects involving moderately complex accounting and financial reporting issues. The incumbent performs research on moderately complex accounting, disclosures and financial reporting issues. In addition, the incumbent performs and reviews the XBRL tagging of SEC filings and provides assistance in various other ad hoc projects.
- External Reporting. Under the minimal direction, supervision and guidance, coordinate and execute various aspects of the external reporting processes, including 1) quarterly and annual financial statements and earnings release of UGI Corporation and 2) certain subsidiaries' quarterly and annual financial statements. Prepare schedules and analyses of significant components of the financial statements and other analyses requested by senior management and complete moderately complex accounting and financial reporting processes. Coordinate and execute the preparation of financial statements for the Company's various employee benefit plans, including timely interaction with key internal stakeholders and external auditors. Perform and review the XBRL tagging process. Interface with business unit personnel to obtain necessary information to be included in the SEC and other periodic reports on a timely basis. Act as a key liaison with external auditors and provide timely support for their review and audit procedures. Initiate and implement process improvements in the financial reporting processes.
- Technical Accounting Assistance. Provide support to the Technical Accounting department in technical research on moderately complex accounting and financial reporting issues through the use of various research tools. Assist in the implementation of recent accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations, considering the impact to the Company's and certain subsidiaries' periodic financial statements.
- Other duties. Provide support to other groups (i.e., Treasury, Investor Relations, Tax, etc.) related to accounting and financial reporting matters. Assist in ad-hoc projects as needed. Assist in the coordination of the Company's Disclosure Committee processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting and/ or finance; CPA designation preferred
- Min of 4 years in public accounting, industry experience or a mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Big 4 experience preferred
- The successful candidate must be able to write clearly and accurately, and have the ability to perform analysis of financial information
- Must have good interpersonal skills and able to work in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with domestic and international accounting teams. Ability and willingness to work extra hours to meet tight deadlines. The successful candidate must also be able to resolve issues independently and provide potential solutions when reaching certain decision points. A strong willingness to learn and solve problems is an integral requirement for this role
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
UGI Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company maintains and observes employment policies that do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, age, ancestry and any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. This applies to recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classifications, work assignments, promotions, demotions, layoffs, terminations, transfers, and all other conditions of employment.