Provide counsel in one or more of the following areas: contract law, employment law, commercial law, regulatory and compliance. Lead strategic initiatives work with other functional management to develop implementation plans. Supervise less experienced managers as directed by senior management. Lead and manage the coordination of legal activities with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
• Manage staff with responsibility for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulation.
• Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts. Ensure that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organization policies. Monitor the contract process to assure compliance with the organization's contractual guidelines, satisfaction of customers/vendors, including participation in precontract discussions, contract negotiations and contract changes.
• May provide legal advice regarding employment law. Liaise with Human Resources on all issues of the law related to the organization's human capital. Monitor legal issues and implications regarding discrimination, sexual harassment, health and safety, hiring and firing, as well as all other aspects of employee rights and responsibilities.
• Advise and represent the organization on legal issues concerning patent, copyright, and trademark, real estate, or privacy matters.
• May examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting a lawsuit. Study statutes, decisions and ordinances to determine appropriate plan of action. Prepare files and take cases to trial if out-of-court settlements cannot be reached or coordinate such legal matters handled by outside counsel. Assess impact of case outcomes and initiate steps to implement any resultant changes.
• May supervise outside counsel’s performance of outsourced legal work for quality, cost, and effectiveness.
• Execute strategic initiatives with guidance from senior management, including supervising projects and implementing policies.
• May review due diligence and assist in the preparation of documents for corporate transactions.
• Assist operations in assessing various risks associated within their respective business line.
• May examine quality assurance or other regulatory issues to determine action plans for compliance with state and national legal requirements.
Background in contract drafting and negotiation within a CRO
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA’s ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled