Sr Program Officer
Sr. Program Officer will serve as Deputy Project Director for the Reaching Impact, Saturation, and Epidemic Control (RISE) project and provide coordinated and comprehensive program management and leadership support to the project. This includes working in collaboration with the Project Director to support and administer programming within the assigned multi-country project or portfolio and providing cross-cutting strategic leadership and management support across all global programming. Deputy Project Director will also establish appropriate program management systems, processes and tools to ensure that sound project management practices and tools are in place that respond to emerging priorities while ensuring compliance to donor and Jhpiego policies and procedures.
Deputy Project Director will work closely with project partners towards common project goals and serve as the focal point for consortium partners and will have high level relationships with the donor and other key stakeholders. In addition, the Deputy Project Director will establish metrics and cross-departmental buy-in and adherence to the established systems. Deputy Project Director will act as a thought partner on strategic initiatives for RISE's communications and knowledge management (KM) functions, ensuring that RISE's achievements, lessons learned, and project innovations are shared to internal and external audiences. Finally, this position will play a key role in knowledge management, reporting, and work planning for the overall project.
RISE is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). RISE supports countries to respond to the HIV epidemic and the COVID-19 pandemic by providing technical assistance, service delivery, research, and cross-cutting health system innovations. RISE partners with ministries of health, other local stakeholders, and nongovernmental organizations in more than 20 countries around the world to advance strategic and policy objectives to control the transmission of HIV and COVID-19. Since its inception in 2019, RISE has expanded from its original focus as an HIV-response mechanism to provide extensive COVID-19 response support, along with new programming to address Monkey Pox (MPX) as an emerging public health threat.
- Supports the RISE Project Director and core management team and acts as a strategic thought partner on planning to provide leadership and direction, ensuring technical, programmatic and financial integrity of the project
- Promotes rapid and sustained achievement of project goals, objectives, and targets
- Establishes, refines, and/or and maintains cross-cutting project management structures including strategic leadership meetings and other project coordination mechanisms, project organogram(s), and country program support structures
- Harmonizes and streamlines project management and operational functions across the project, ensuring that project staffing, management structures, and processes are responsive to needs across HIV, COVID, and MPX response programming
- Ensures that the project teams are supported to respond quickly and efficiently to new buy-in request from USAID by establishing/refining SOPs, mobilizing project staff as needed to support country programs, and collaborating with GPO and other Jhpiego departments
- Mentors, supports, supervises and manages a team of highly qualified staff and aligns their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
- Supports strategic planning throughout the project lifecycle, including preparations for closeout and transition to potential follow-on award(s)
- Reviews and escalates quality concerns (project management, technical, financial management, compliance) to project, departmental and organizational leadership
- Acts as a thought partner on strategic initiatives with KM and communications functions, ensuring that RISE's achievements, resources, tools, and lessons learned are well documented and strategically disseminated in close coordination with GECO, TLI, NPD, and other Jhpiego teams
- Represents Jhpiego and the project's progress, achievements and lessons learned to donors, other key stakeholders, and through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Works closely with RISE's Finance Team to review financial reports and projections, and to advise on strategic approaches to address over- or under-spending, and promotes coordination across financial and operational functions
- Ensures compliance with the terms of the award, and supports coordination with Jhpiego's Contracts Management and Compliance Department
- Reviews/troubleshoots country program work plans and budgets
- Provides coaching, guidance and mentorship to direct report(s) where needed
- Sets targets and objectives for assigned area and delivers results
- Grows team expertise to align with program and organizational direction while continually looking for ways to provide / enhance the value delivered
- Leads a high-performing team and provides ongoing feedback and performance reviews
- Tracks, monitors and effectively addresses and / or rewards performance of team members
- Manages employees in compliance with all HR policies, procedures, guidelines
Special Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Certified in PM@Jhpiego (Jhpiego's internal project management curricula) or Project Management for Development Professionals (DPro. If these certifications have not been completed, the successful candidate must complete within 60 days of hire
- Proven experience in establishing systems to develop high quality workplans, quarterly and annual reports, budgets.
- Proven experience successfully managing large, complex public health projects (e.g., multiple partners, donor relations, low in-country capacity)
- Experience working with multiple donors, with strong preference for USAID and PEPFAR-funded programming
- Previous experience and knowledge of HIV prevention, care and treatment programming; experience working on COVID-19 response or other Global Health Security Agenda efforts a plus
- Proven experience successfully starting up and closing out projects
- Proven experience setting up and tracking knowledge management systems for large complex projects
- Excellent understanding of financial management principles and budgeting
- Experience working collaboratively with senior finance staff to establish systems/procedures to develop and track development and review of budgets and expenditure reports.
- Strong understanding of multiple technical areas Jhpiego works in
- Proficient French, Spanish or Portuguese language skills preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills for different audiences
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication skills with diverse groups
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Office 365
- Ability to travel up to 30% time
- Advanced degree in public health or related field
- 5 years' senior level program management experience with increasing responsibilities required; 8+ years related experience preferred
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr-Program-Officer-MD-*****/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-43146e0363e9f74b9c3812b4589c9a36