Sr. Research Data Analyst
The Department of Epidemiology at Johns Hopkins University is looking for a Senior Research Data Analyst responsible for developing and maintaining databases to catalogue departmental data needed for management, oversight, and quality improvement. Additionally, the position will require the generation of routine reports and data analysis to inform departmental practices and quality improvement.
The Senior Research Data Analyst will report to the Department Vice Chairs and work closely with other Departmental Administrative staff to ensure that departmental data are accurate, up to date, and able to support strategic initiatives. Additional administrative duties related to the Chairs Office operations, include formatting reports and presentations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and update the database to house all departmental faculty, student, and course data using REDCap or equivalent.
- Develop standard operating procedures for initial data entry and data updates.
- Oversee quality control procedures for data entry.
- Generate standard reports as required by the Chairs office and other stakeholders.
- Conduct statistical analyses of data collected in this system to support strategic initiatives of the Chairs office.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with REDCap programming or equivalent.
- Experience with a statistical package (R and STATA preferred).
- Experience with MS Office and Zoom.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and with short deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to perform organizational and administrative duties.
- Master's Degree in related discipline, with PhD preferred.
- One year of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Master's Degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or other related disciplines.
- One year of related experience in statistical analysis/data management, strongly desired.
- One year of related experience in REDCap (or similar databases) programming, strongly desired.
Classified Title: Sr. Research Data Analyst
Working Title: ???????Senior Research Data Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $54,080-$74,390 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: ???????School of Public Health
Department name: ???????Epidemiology
Personnel area: School of Public Health
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at *****/a>. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Research-Data-Analyst-MD-*****/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b796911f4cbd97418eecb8ab287a24b7