At 7-Eleven, the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception over 90 years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables to better serve the needs of our neighbors and long-time customers. It’s the aspiration that led us to become the largest convenience retailer in the world with over 60,000 stores across 19 countries.
You may know 7-Eleven as your friendly neighborhood store. Today, we are redefining convenience in big ways through the seamless integration of physical and digital experiences. We want talented, customer obsessed and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us. We are here to make a lasting change, and that change starts with you.
In this role supporting the next generation of 7-Eleven stores, the Senior Sales Associate will be an important team member in a large format, large volume store that has food and beverage service, an enhanced customer experience and a revitalized customer-obsessed way of interacting with our neighbors and customers. This is a high visibility role in a new flagship store.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Sales Associate position include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to a culture in the store where we always start with the customer in mind and do the right thing for the customer
- Contribute to a culture of accountability to our customers by providing prompt, efficient and extraordinary customer service
- Comply with 7-Eleven programs, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements
- Aid in maintaining a clean, customer-friendly environment to enable the store’s success and high regard as a member of the local community
- Be a problem-solver for customers and the store to provide the best place for customers to dine and shop and team members to work
- Be a leader for customers and team members
- Provide very friendly transaction service by efficiently checking out customers on an electronic cash register
- Receive cash from customers and give correct change
- Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments recognizing each assignment’s contribution to overall store success and customer experience
- Forecast, order and stock merchandise (upon completion of training) to optimal levels for a great customer experience
We are looking for applicants who exhibit the following qualities:
- A courageous leader that will do the right thing for the customer
- Consistent and reliable personal leadership to contribute to a customer-obsessed team
- Cheerful and positive attitude with a bias for action and results
- Values teamwork and receiving coaching to work toward positive customer outcomes
- Is passionate about serving others and is willing to go the extra mile to be the best part of a customer’s (or coworker’s) day
- Maintains a neat personal appearance in accordance with company uniform and personal appearance policy to foster an extraordinary customer-centric, food-forward culture
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- (1) year retail experience preferred
Skills include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers
- Demonstrated customer service skills and competencies
- Display a strong understanding and commitment to 7-Eleven’s Customer Service Vision and high operating standards
- Comfortable learning and using new digital tools and technologies
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, and respectful
Kneeling, Stooping, Walking, Standing, Bending, Repetitive Motion, Floor to Waist Requirements: Up to 50 lbs., Waist To Shoulder Requirements: Up to 50 lbs., Overhead Lifting not required, Carry 20 feet requirements: Up to 50 lbs.
Store 35268 350 Lincoln Rd101b Miami Beach, FL, 33139 United States