- Responsible for providing effective and creative classroom and virtual facilitation of training for all levels of employees who oversee and administer nine federal and state economic benefit and social services programs that are managed through the NC FAST system.
- Leads training sessions in a variety of formats, serves as the classroom manager for courses assigned; preps classrooms and prepares instructional material in advance of instruction; evaluates student progress; and makes recommendations for continued training participation.
- Work with the Training Coordinator, Learning Management Systems Administrators, Applications Lead and subject matter experts to understand requirements to design training and develop course materials, to develop and revise training materials for instructional training of adult learners.
- Gather, review and analyze course evaluations, identifies gaps in training needs, and provides feedback on learning curriculum and methodology to ensure program relevance, end user comprehension and overall continuous improvement.
- Responsible for training course design and development that may include developing templates, graphics, and audio/visual materials for use in on-line training, interactive web-based, criterion-referenced materials, facilitator guides, associated PowerPoint presentations, participant guides and tests, job aids and other classroom support materials.
- Because of the technological nature of NC FAST the trainer also assists with basic application software and hardware support and may be responsible for the set up and break down of classroom computers and equipment, laptop computers, projectors, and other necessary equipment.
Position numbers: 60037953, 65014064, 65018935
About the Office of HSBIA:
Human Services Business Information and Analytics (HSBIA) is a unit designed to improve the way the DHHS and the 100 county departments of social services conduct business. HSBIA provides support to counties, NC FAST, and the State Divisions with new technological tools and business processes that will enable staff to spend less time performing administrative tasks and more time assisting families.
Compensation & Benefits:
The State of North Carolina offers excellent comprehensive benefits. Employees can participate in health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, and the NCFlex program (numerous high-quality, low-cost benefits on a pre-tax basis). Employees also receive paid vacation, sick, and community service leave. In addition, paid parental leave is available to eligible employees.
Visit website for State BenefitsTo receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in training delivery and development for adult learners
- Working knowledge of change management/change measurement practices, change strategy and solution planning, and communications planning and management ? Excellent oral and written communication skills ? Have the ability to research, design, develop, and prepare training, communication, presentation materials, and provide recommendations on how to approach and deal effectively with key business issues from a communications perspective
- This position may require overnight travel as needed and may include some weekends
- Must have a strong understanding of internet concepts and web technology, experience with eLearning systems such as Moodle, Totara, etc.
- Working knowledge of content development software such as Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Microsoft Suite applications, and virtual classrooms such as Adobe Connect or GoTo platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to research, design, develop, and prepare training, communication, presentation materials, and provide recommendations on how to approach and deal effectively with key business issues from a communications perspective
- Formal training and experience in the following related areas will be assets in performance of the work: 3-5 years of experience developing and delivering computer-based classroom training for adults; knowledge of the processes to prepare for and conduct classroom training including facility management, course scheduling, and student registration; and experience with adult learning practices, principles and procedures in classroom and on-line presentations
- NC Income Maintenance casework, supervision or training experience, other public assistance work or training experience, experience as training facilitator or coordinator, knowledge of Agile methodology or Six Sigma concepts.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account. You will either receive a call to schedule an interview or an email notifying when the job has been filled.
For technical issues with your applications, please call the NEOGOV Help Line at *****. Applicants will be communicated with, via email only, for updates on the status of their application. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact HR at *****.